Fallout 4 - The Clan (Mod Idea)

Dyspa

Alrighty whats up guys im Caleb and for fallout 4 i am currently planning a mod which may get somewhere.

to put it simple it will involve-

Lore Friendly

New land outside of America (around 2km2)

New branching quest line + an array of side quests

2 New factions

5 New followers (1 non humanoid, 2 males and 2 females)

34 New collectibles

New melee weaponry

New foods

New armour types

New perks

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Setting-

It is set on the Isle of Lewis and Harris which is off the coast of the Scottish Highlands. The Sole Survivor meets a trader at one of the docks of Boston who is in need of weaponry and is recruiting fighters for a war back at his home. Upon arriving at the island there is a ongoing battle between 2 of the clans..... Basically the story will follow whatever main clan you choose to help the main character will need to choose carefully on who he becomes allies with and who he makes his enemy all the way to the final battle to the death between the main factions.

later once i write an actual story for this i will be posting about getting help for things like texturing, voice acting etc

Release-

it will probably be released a within a year of the final DLC

Danny159 The game isn't out yet but the game engine is an updated version of the Skyrim creation engine. I'm guessing the Skyrim G.E.C.K. will have similar features and options so mods can be worked on and then converted to Fallout: 4 but like I said I'm only guessing.

Danny159 The game isn't out yet but the game engine is an updated version of the Skyrim creation engine. I'm guessing the Skyrim G.E.C.K. will have similar features and options so mods can be worked on and then converted to Fallout: 4 but like I said I'm only guessing.

Well over 50% of the work on a mod like this is done outside of the GECK.

You don't need the GECK to create a design document and write a story with dialogue, all it takes to do that is a pen and paper or a computer with wordpad.

You don't need the GECK to record voice acting or to network with other people who want to do voice acting, recording isn't done in the GECK, it is just imported.

You don't need the GECK to draw concept art, all you need is a pencil or Photoshop.

You don't need the GECK to build armors or weapons or props or environment pieces or new textures, all you need is a 3d modeling program.

You don't need the GECK to put together a team website so that everyone is organized and information is easily accessible, there are dozens of free options out there.

Work in the GECK or whatever game engine creation kit you are using for a game is just a small part of the overall team. You can shorten the length of time it takes to release your mod by several months by starting pre-production now and not waiting till everything is released to be starting everything from the baby steps.

But no, nothing done in the Skyrim toolkit will be worth anything in Fallout 4.

Edited by Tony the Wookie

But we don't know what is already in the main game?

You might be adding a bunch of stuff already in the game XD

I'm sorry, but you logic totally eludes me...

Are you saying that no artist should ever work on anything, because somebody else might do it first?

Or are you proposing that you think Bethesda might design the exact same armor or write the exact same story as something that Dyspa might create?

Are you aware that the design cycle of a videogame is usually over 3 years, and that there is always the risk that someone might make something similar and release it 2 years into your cycle. It is just the nature of any work that takes time to make, you can't live in fear of it though, you just have to make your art the best you can.

In my case, I doubt Bethesda is going to design a former Calculator robot from the remains of Vault 0 named Cal who was part of the Brotherhood of Steel in a place called Tinker, Oklahoma where he repaired a Vertibird before crashing it into the base of the Super Mutant overlord Gammorin in the ruins of St. Louis.

But if they make a robot with the exact same story, exact same name, exact same custom mesh and textures that I am currently concepting from scratch

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm98/Supernaut14/DSCN0351_1.jpg

and they hire a voice actor that sounds just like me who happens to use a guitar amp to modulate his voice to sound like a retro robot, and they just so happen to write the exact same 200 pages of dialogue that I did...

Well, if that all happens, then I am willing to concede defeat and give up on my mod...

But I think I will take my chances that Bethesda won't design the exact same thing as me.