container functions.. how to return a reference rather than objectID a

angelwraith

what i am trying to do is identify a weapon at a specific index in a container, then move it into the world through script a way that will retain its weapon mods and health.

my problem is that in using getbaseobject it obviously returns a objectID which kills the mod info and health info.

can formlists be used to accomplish this? i know they can handle references but how do i get the reference info into the formlist. because im still stuck at gbo if im not mistaken.

a little help would be great!!!

btw been searching for a solution for 3 days.. but usually the nexus comes through when in a bind though so please help me guys!!

I've scratched my head over that puzzle too.

You can't read the health of the weapon unless you equip it to the player, and there's currently no way to read the mod info afaik.

And to make things trickier, if the actor had more than one of the weapons, equipping one wouldn't necessarily be the healthiest, or the most expensive.

there is a function called addFormToFormlist according to the geck webpage it should also accept REFs. The function does not require NVSE. It seems it could be what you need..

is it possible for the player to assemble the weapon and then add the REF to the formlist with the comand mentioned above?

see im not really sure.. i was hoping someone had an idea about using formlists for this before i got to scripting it out as formlist scripting can be a bit of a pain.

id didnt want to go to all the trouble of setting it up just to find out that formlists dont retain some info i need or something like that.

Edited by angelwraith

what i am trying to do is identify a weapon at a specific index in a container, then move it into the world through script a way that will retain its weapon mods and health.

It's not possible with the current state of NVSE. Item's in a container are not references. They are base objects with 'extra' data. The extra data has the health of the item. This extra data is not accessable by any script function.

It's not possible with the current state of NVSE. Item's in a container are not references. They are base objects with 'extra' data. The extra data has the health of the item. This extra data is not accessable by any script function.

exactly the response i was after. i mean im not happy that this means i cant do what i want, im just happy that you saved me lots of needless scripting to to figure out thre isnt a function for what i need. thank you.