Descent DLC - Investigate the corpses crash

Deleted23328924User

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with the DLC: The Descent.

I played it once before and it worked without problems. After a while I play it now again and from the beginning, I had always a little crash from time to time - after disabling the mods, it works.

About half an hour into the DLC I kill a mob of baddies and get the quest update "Investigate the corpses". So, I click on the corpse and the game crashes. I already have all the mods disabled, I repair the game and try the solution from another forum:

-Go to your Update folder in your DA:I installation.
-Navigate to the Patch folder.

-Open package.mft in notepad or w/e

-Change patch version from 10 to 11

-Should work fine now.

None of this has worked, can someone help me please?

Thank you. <3

If this could help you I have done all the same but also deleted the merged patch folder from mod manager and then changing the vanilla patch version from 10 to 11 (or +1 depending on your updates). After that I started the game and could investigate the corpses.

I saved just after that cut scene and went back reinstalling all of my mods + changing vanilla patch version back to what it was ans since then no crash.

Hope it'll help you :)

TanukiLady,

I just deleted my Patch_ModManagerMerge folder, then went inside the vanilla patch folder and changed the version from 11 to 12 - but when I try to load the save it tells me that the save was made with a newer version of the game. What am I doing wrong?

TanukiLady,

I just deleted my Patch_ModManagerMerge folder, then went inside the vanilla patch folder and changed the version from 11 to 12 - but when I try to load the save it tells me that the save was made with a newer version of the game. What am I doing wrong?

Increment the version number again.