Multiple Characters in a Save? (Think GTAV)

Mastercheese

Soo I was thinking about my characters in skyrim, who might be inclined to say... join the college but not really any of the others. Or maybe a Rogue who wants to be sneaky and maybe be a mage but hates the other factions styles due to personal ethics. Basically it is hard to make a character with a envisioned personality without limiting the content for them. UNLESS.... you could play as more then one character per save file. Example. Main character, a Dunmer Mage. Might go play the undeath mod and be a lich, but definitly wants to do the college. He gets successful. Wants to expand his influence. Gets a Bodyguard. That bodyguard,( who could be a companion, or assassin or w/e) is playable.

Problem is what do the other ones do in the meantime? In this scenario maybe I could sit my Mage down in a throne that belonged to him, where he will just sit until you switch back. Or maybe he could sleep the entire time, and the option to switch would be alongside the rest option. Like interacting with a Bed and then getting the option to rest, or switch characters. I wouldn't suggest making two at character creation. As that would be a pain to figure out. Maybe a spell to make a new playable character? Maybe even set a place where the new playables get spawned. Like a dock, which would explain their arrival.

Another possible and maybe easier way would be to Save a design for a character. Like a Preset, and swap out your current character with the other? Maybe my mage is in his home and wants his personal assassin to do something he cannot? Maybe cast a spell and boom, swap race, appearence and equipment. I suspect updating said equipment might be a pain, but I really do not know. Maybe something like an invisible storage chest could open up on character swap and you select the put on the equipment and collect your characters items. In this style skills would probably be shared. But honestly it would still be awesome.

HOWEVER! I know of two questlines that split depending on choices. And have rather big effects. The Civil War, and Dawnguard Storyline. Maybe in this scenario all your toons would have to share the same allegiance. Which might be awkward with the Vampires in Dawnguard.

I know this is probably too hard. Or impossible. But if it was... we could do everything in a save with out that sour taste in your mouth, Like when a Thief becomes a Companion and does both questlines at the same time and then decides to be apart of the legion and the do the DB's questline. Hope someone can do something like this.

Thanks for telling me about Alternate Actors! I had no idea about that. familiar faces I was aware of but didn't think it would help my idea. until now. So when you say Familiar faces requires Racemenu... but Alternate actors doesn't work well with it... what would happen if you had used both with racemenu, but didn't use any of racemenu's extra settings? just a thought. If that worked I think I would be in bliss.