Caesar Problem

isascaboy89

Hi to everybody.

First of all, I'm italian, so sorry if I make some grammatical mistakes.

I have a problem with New Vegas.

I have to go to the Caesar Legion GQ (called "Il Forte" in italian) to recover the platinum chip.

I dress myself like a Cesar faction man and when i arrive at the gq, just in front of caesar "house" the legionaries start to attack me.

If i enter in the "house" also Caesar and his man start to attack me.

I've tried to send Boone and rex back home (not just wait here but i said it's better to split) and i tried to sneak in with the stealth boy but the problem wasn't solved.

Every time i try to speak with Caesar they attack me. The problem is annoyng because talking with caesar it's necessary to continue the game.

What can i do?

Thanks to everybody

It sounds like your reputation with legion is very bad, you must have killed some legion troops or maybe done some quest that got them mad. The faction armor only fools regular legion troops, not the guards and leaders.

You could try using your Stealthboy to sneak up to Caesar and steal the platinum chip (pickpocket him). I've never tried this but it might work.

Or you could try to get really good armor and guns and you and Boone go in there guns blazing and kill them all and get the chip from Caesar's corpse. I have never done this but I heard some people have.

Or you could try to reload from an earlier save when your legion reputation was still ok. You should be ok to bring Rex but Boone is best left behind for this one.

Edited by drakeelvin

Console commands may work.

try pressing ~

then do...

player.setreputation F43DD 0 0

player.setreputation F43DD 1 0

That should reset your reputation with Ceasers Legion, however if you did certain quests it may not work.

Some of the storyline quests will make a faction hate you forever, like if you kill the president the NCR will always hate you and attack on sight even if you have a good reputation.

Thanks to both of you.

Answering drakelwin yes, i have a bad reputation with the legion cause i've killed lot of them.

I've tought to kill them all but doing this i will lose all the quests releated to casear legion.

So i'll keep tease for final solution.

Answering marahart thanks, i will try this little "cheat" and i hope it works.

Once again, i'm italian so sorry for my bad english.

Hi,the console command solved the problem of the attacks, but now i have another problem:

When i try to speak to caesar the screen just zoom on his face for one or two second and no dialogue is displayed....what can i do?

Well that's weird, do you have any mods?

I dress myself like a Cesar faction man and when i arrive at the gq, just in front of caesar "house" the legionaries start to attack me.

If i enter in the "house" also Caesar and his man start to attack me.

If a guard NPC sees you in any faction disguise (even their own faction) they will start shooting