We are aware aware of an issue with authentication on the site. See our status page for details. ×

Caesar Problem

isascaboy89

Hi to everybody.

First of all, I'm italian, so sorry if I make some grammatical mistakes.

I have a problem with New Vegas.

I have to go to the Caesar Legion GQ (called "Il Forte" in italian) to recover the platinum chip.

I dress myself like a Cesar faction man and when i arrive at the gq, just in front of caesar "house" the legionaries start to attack me.

If i enter in the "house" also Caesar and his man start to attack me.

I've tried to send Boone and rex back home (not just wait here but i said it's better to split) and i tried to sneak in with the stealth boy but the problem wasn't solved.

Every time i try to speak with Caesar they attack me. The problem is annoyng because talking with caesar it's necessary to continue the game.

What can i do?

Thanks to everybody

P.s I've also posted this topic in general discussion settings...my mistake...sorry

When factions see you dressed in their armor they figure out that you are not actually in the faction, this is based on sneak skill I guess.

However you don't really need legion armor to go visit them, remember you have the mark of C coin, which allows passage.

They shouldn't attack you at that point in the game.

If you had to use commands to get there then there's something wrong.

You should probalby start over, or at least start a new game an see if it does the same thing.

It probalby won't because for one reason or another that save game got messed up.

You could kill Caesar,

Open the console, click on Caesar so that it's displayed in the top Caesar (E8serewer)

type

kill

resurrect

disable

enable

which should reset Caesar to before you ever met him

I'm having a very similar problem. One that I encountered months ago that still hasn't been fixed. Through a lot of forum searching and help threads I was able to isolate it. No idea how to fix it. Essentially you have worn previous faction gear that is worn by enemies of the legion. You may not have the gear on but the NPCs still think you do. It is some sort of armor bug where all the attributes of the armor that affect the NPCs stays with you. I found what looks like a fix on this site which I haven't installed yet. Will try it out and see if it fixes this rare problem.