[WIPz] Oblivifall - Last Call!

Cliffworms

The only conflict I remember is that Oblivifall's Ambiant Dungeon SFX and SoC add sounds inside dungeons. They use the same system too. So there's no real conflict, but the sounds will just play more frequently. If you want to keep Oblivifall's SFX, you can disable SoC's dungeon sounds by running its configuration setup.

I'm curious to know what you recommend to improve it. I'm always open to new suggestions. :)

So isn't it related to crashes, it's just sounds playing together? Maybe importing sounds in WB will make them work together? Does Oblivifall also add sounds to many dungeons?

I haven't seen any configuration setup in SoC, where can I run it?

And I was talking about SoC lol most sounds from it are coming from far and are low and hard to understand. Rats sounds inside dungeons are closer, but city sounds that were meant to be people yelling are very low and unclear.

Also there were people complaining about bar sounds, some seem to be a lot of people talking, but the bar has only a few people. I don't mind with it, just imagine unknown people filling the bar.

But anyway it's better than vanilla emptiness, so I'd not like to uninstall it to try another mod.

So isn't it related to crashes, it's just sounds playing together? Maybe importing sounds in WB will make them work together? Does Oblivifall also add sounds to many dungeons?

I haven't seen any configuration setup in SoC, where can I run it?

And I was talking about SoC lol most sounds from it are coming from far and are low and hard to understand. Rats sounds inside dungeons are closer, but city sounds that were meant to be people yelling are very low and unclear.

Also there were people complaining about bar sounds, some seem to be a lot of people talking, but the bar has only a few people. I don't mind with it, just imagine unknown people filling the bar.

But anyway it's better than vanilla emptiness, so I'd not like to uninstall it to try another mod.

I don't think it causes crashes. Both mods use different scripts with different values. So at worst you'd hear dungeon sounds more often. I still recommend to remove Oblivifall's sounds and keep Sounds of Cyrodiil. It's one less mod on your list and you get to keep dungeon sounds. :)

The configuration setup is found in the readme. You have to open the console and type StartQuest CliffSoCConfig

It allows you to disable several categories of sound effects (Tavern chatter, town shouts, etc.)

I totally agree with your points. I was listening to how it sounds a few days ago and was surprised that these were the settings I kept by default. Well, I did make the mod 4-5 years ago so I had a different mindset about sounds mods then. So I was thinking of updating it by balancing the volume, disabling tavern/town chatter and cat sounds by default (while still allowing the player to enable them via the configuration) and several other changes.

Thanks for the feedback!

lol cool

I've been installing mods that make the game look more living. I tried SoC, Children of Cyrodiil, Cats & Rats.

Sadly the chance of crashes increase with amount of mods. It's been a few days I can't play due to CTD when and wherever I leave a city to wilderness. I'm happy to see mod creators that support their mods, tnx :)