Begin ScriptEffectFinish runs immidiatly

okokokok

The Begin ScriptEffectFinish block runs with no regard for the enchantment effect it is bound too.

How do i stop the lines inside ScriptEffectFinish block from running before the enchantment time is over? (enchantment effect duration is set to 30 sec)

What's your script, and what do you have enchanted? (Armor enchantments are constant, so duration doesn't work, nor does the ScriptEffectUpdate and ScriptEffectFinish blocks.)

Weapon enchantment.....

;I need to find a way to make the begin scripteffectfinnish not run immidiatly

scn GreatHalbredOfDualismSCRIPT

Ref TargetRef
Ref MyRef
Ref BoneRef

Float Timer

Begin ScriptEffectStart

set TargetRef to GetSelf

if (GetPCInfamy >= GetPCFame) && (TargetRef.GetCreatureType == -1) && (TargetRef.GetDead == 1)

Do stuff

endif

if (GetPCInfamy >= GetPCFame) && (TargetRef.GetCreatureType != -1) && (getrandompercent >= 80)

do other stuff

endif

if (GetPCInfamy < GetPCFame)  && (TargetRef.GetDead == 1) && (TargetRef.GetCreatureType == -1)

do other other stuff

endif

if (GetPCInfamy < GetPCFame) && (TargetRef.GetCreatureType != -1) && (getrandompercent >= 80)

do other other other stuff
endif

end

;Begin ScriptEffectUpdate

;if (timer < 30)
;		set Timer to (Timer + ScriptEffectElapsedSeconds)
;		Return

;endif

;end

Begin ScriptEffectFinish

remove a bunch of stuff

end

nvm the typos..... so what you are telling me is that ScriptEffectFinish will run immidiatly no matter what i do?

no timers or anything will work? Im officaly f***ed?

Well... you can still do it through a quest script or by using an activator.

scn examplespellscript

Begin ScriptEffectStart

if (GetDead)
	set examplequest.target to GetSelf
	set examplequest.initialize to 1
	set examplequest.fquestdelaytime to 0.1
endif

;	do stuff

End

scn examplequestscript

ref target
short initialize
float timer
float fquestdelaytime

Begin GameMode

if (initialize)
	set timer to (timer + GetSecondsPassed)
	if (timer > 30)
;			do stuff to target
		set timer to 0
		set initialize to 0
		set fquestdelaytime to 5
	endif
endif

End

Edited by fg109

The Vyper and I had a discussion about this once regarding an enchantment that was using a burn effect. Here's what he had advised:

I just tested it and, as it turns out, you'll need to use an actual script to force the Fire Damage shader to play. First, you need to make this script:

scn FiveSecondBurnScript

Begin ScriptEffectStart

pms effectFireDamage

end

Begin ScriptEffectFinish

sms effectFireDamage

end

IMPORTANT: Make sure the script is set as a Magic Effect (the default setting is Object).

Now, you just need to add this script effect to your existing enchantment. Open your custom enchantment and select "add". Instead of selecting a normal effect (like Fire Damage), select Script Effect. Set the duration to 5 (or whatever the duration of your Fire Damage enchantment is set to). Now select your script from the Script Effect Info section (which is usually dark). Give your script effect a name (I named mine Burn). You can also choose what school of magic this effect belongs to, but that is only truly useful for script effect spells. You can also choose a visual effect, but that isn't necessary here because the script itself plays the effect. Click OK and you're done. The Fire Damage effect shader will now play for whatever duration you set it to, regardless of how strong any other enchantments are. Interestingly enough, the Damage Magicka effect shader also plays, but is hard to notice.

Edited by lonewolf_kai