Mommy... Whant happens when you.......

bishoptheblue

Oh no i died!!!!! arghhh i just spent all that time collecting loot and then bam that stupid (insert generic monster name here) came from nowhere.... oh well just load from my auto- s***

"savefile corrupted" ctd....

sound like you? hate reloading and starting from a prev save? got balls?

then support this mod request!!!!!

but first let me tell you what it is :)

face it ur a wastelander, a survivor, a warrior of the barrens.... and you kill ppl.... problem is the big guy upstairs dont take to kindly to that which would be fine if that damn deathclaw hadnt mortally wounded you....

so instead of the opportunity to reload and get back you get a chance to come back with loot in hand... aka the big evil looking door over yonder behind that there wall of evil dead...who want to kill you and steal ur body....

get moving partner ;)

lol i just thought this would add some much needed depth to the simple death/reload system

this isnt an attempt at something religious, i simply hate having to start my looting over when i die.... you see for whatever reason (as i cant pinpoint it) my autosave turns itself off

idk maybe it feels over worked and wanted a damn vacation lol but as you can imagine without it.... things can suck sometimes

this mod would take the reload system outta the equation or just make an alt option in the after death menu.

any like it, hate it, love it.... let me know and lets all do what we can to make something like this a reality :)

um no i never once even said anything like that

you keep ur lvl

you keep ur equips

and you keep all the loot you might have lost if you had reloaded

the trade off is you respawn in hell pretty much and have to fight and gun ur way back to the border between the wastes and hell

so no you dont start over

oh and if you die in hell you simply respawn.... back in hell lol

i never once mentioned doc mitchel or lv1

this idea simply came from my experience with save related ctds

its meant to be an alt to reloading and be fun and add a bit of immersion

Edited by bishoptheblue

I'm not sure exactly what it is you are asking for. Your writeup is a little incoherent. However, I think what you want is a new kind of autosave that spawns you somewhere else where you have to do something to get back. If the regular autosave doesn't work for you, why would a new kind work better?

The autosave has always worked fine for me. If it gives you problems try using manual save very once in a while.

lmao it wouldnt use an auto save

you die you go to hell

and you fight ur way back to the living

not that hard to understand ppl

not that hard at all

ive explained this twice now

its an alt to loading a previous autosave when you die

it does not load a save whatsoever. you die and pop up in hell.... simple

and i hate manual saves, they keep corrupting

i have make three new saves every time i manual save cuz at least two of em will corrupt

ive done everything possible to fix it and i dont really want advice about it

Sorry, but it is sort of difficult to understand when you use absolutely no punctuation and misspell every third word.

I wasn't trying to upset you with my previous question; I was merely trying to understand what you were attempting to describe to us.

I'm actually digging the die, and go back to go back to square one, better then winding up in hell. Thats what I thought hardcore was all about. Actually maybe make it die 3 times before you have to restart. Or even lose a level, that sounds more realistic.

I'm actually digging the die, and go back to go back to square one, better then winding up in hell. Thats what I thought hardcore was all about. Actually maybe make it die 3 times before you have to restart. Or even lose a level, that sounds more realistic.

I like the sound of that: die and loose an experience level. Adds a little extra sting to "death" without going to the extreme.

I think a perma-death hardcore mod would be fun to play with for a little.

I've done that with alts on several MMOs and it is quite fun even when you die, it's the ultimate adrenaline rush. It just takes discipline to delete your own character when you actually do die. A mod could always do it for you, but what's the point when you can do it yourself?

What OP is suggesting is when you die you go to hell and have to escape, but you have to do it over and over and over and over and over and over... you get the point.

Interesting idea, but it would get really annoying, really fast.

Unless... say, the 'Hell' was randomly generated... Perhaps via an NVSE script that simply tied worldspaces/rooms in pre-established areas together in a mazelike formation, filling any available containers with randomized loot and spawning different sorts of demons where NPC's could be.

Say one moment you're fighting your way through the Living Area of Vault 3 with this eerie red tint to your vision while fighting to get through before the high radiation kills you, the next everything is Catseyed and you're in the BoS bunker against 'demonic' feral ghouls. If the loot was all randomized, one could even hide some truly epic things worth 'dying' for, and hoping you find.

It would be kind of like a Diablo 2 mod for New Vegas, in that respect- possibly level-scaled so that if you died at an early level, you aren't necessarily screwed.

As an even stranger idea, what about the possibility of 'dying' just so that you CAN go to hell and possibly bring back a dead companion? Think about it. The Van Graffs hire you out to kill Cass, so you do it- but then go to hell and bring her back? With someone who has some serious time on their hands, they could even incorporate some cheese-dialogue for Cass/Whoever in the event you rescue them (If you can find them, in the randomly-generated maps).

Maybe a church next to that bigass cross near Goodsprings where people worship some new religion, and 'hell' could be their own twisted version- I dunno.

Now I wish I actually had some modding skill.