body replacer race options

oblivionpilgrim

Is there a mod/tweak or would someone be interested in creating a mod/tweak for the female and male body replacer mods so that you can decide on a per race basis whether or not a body is nude or has underwear.

Now I'm certainly no prude (and any prudes reading this thread can kindly remove themselves without posting their opinions thank you very much!), but, I personally don't particularly want to know/see what a Khajiit / Argonian / Orc is sporting down below, especially since in nature those particular parts don't bear much resemblance what humans have down there.

For those that don't mind human bits on these races, more power to you, and I'm not out to stop you experiencing those bits on those races, but, personally, I don't really want to see it in my game.

I believe you can already do this for the orcs and some of the custom races using Ozmos hi-res HGEC texture replacer packs - you may have to hand-install some of the underwear versions rather than using the global "everything nude" or "everything underwear" options, or run the installation twice with the relevant options selected or unselected to cover all versions. There are separate texture packs already available for Khajiit and Argonians so those should be easy.

If you wanted to do assorted human races individually you might be ok with the texture packs too, but I vaguely recall some of the races use the default imperial skin texture and so whatever you do to the imperials will happen to them too

Edited by MarkInMKUK

You will need to find specific texture replacers for the Roberts body - the ones for other bodies do not map correctly onto the Roberts body.

That could be annoying given I've modded the entire legion/town guard population to use slof's gladiator armor.

I'm not sure how a texture replacer is going to get rid of the unwanted geometry between the legs though. It seems to me that argonians and Khajiit at the least need new bodies just for them.

The Roberts Male body has an "underwear" option, install the files for that option to the Khajiit / Argonian / Orc locations. You'll have to look at the directory structure to work it out, but it should be fairly straight forward.

The Roberts Male body has an "underwear" option, install the files for that option to the Khajiit / Argonian / Orc locations. You'll have to look at the directory structure to work it out, but it should be fairly straight forward.

I did try to do that, I remember the option from early versions of the mod, but I can't seem to figure it out for the latest versions, can't even find the male underwear in V5. Had no trouble with the female replacer. Maybe I'm just being dumb.

Check it isn't an alternative download, rather than an option at install time

I've done some playing around. The loincloths are part of the V5 main download, just not documented at all.

Unfortunately loncloths are an all or nothing thing. All the races get one or none of the races get one, no matter if you copy or remove the nifs from individual race folders in the mesh directory.

It is something robert (the body replacer author) would have to fix.

Bethesda were too clever by half with their original body meshes and textures, (just like the hair, where nearly all the default styles rely on grey.dds etc making it very hard to replace the default hair).

These mods won't necessarily solve any problems, but I think you would possibly be interested in them:

AMB- All Male Bodies

Fiok's Equipable Body Variants

As far as male characters go, these two mods are great for changing that kind of stuff. If you do decide to use Fiok's mod, this mod goes hand in hand with it. That way you can choose exactly how your npc's look. Hope this helps some.