body replacer race options

oblivionpilgrim

Just don't forget that body meshes (underwear actually are body meshes) are the same for "all" races by design of the game engine. For different bodies (underwear or nude for example) for different races you will need complex scripting approaches to work around.

The individual race folders are only used for heads, and in case of beast races also tails. It is not a matter of just textures, nor can the creators of body mods do anything about it.

And even if it was possible to have different bodies for different races, the body would still be replaced by the one inside each item you equip. Equip an item with a tackle in it and there will be a tackle, no matter what body the individual race has as default.

Edited by DrakeTheDragon

Thanks for those links, I'll definitely look into them.

On the subject of somehow modifying the bodies, my thoughts (note that I have no experience of 3D modelling and none of nifscope so I have no idea of the practicality of my thoughts) are that the fact that some models have tails could be exploited. In essence I am thinking that you could attach an underwear mesh in front of the tail that would overlay the 'tackle'. Note in the attached image (just noclip under the prison floor to see this - why its there I have no idea, but it is) there is easily room in front of the tails to attach an undies mesh or something.

Then those who want nude argonians and Khajiit could just use the "proper" tail supplied by Robert by those who don't want to see various bits can replace the tail.

Generally there isn't a lot of nudity or clothing/armor that involves nudity in my game, mainly just the legion, the town guards and sometimes my character or companions use one of Slof's chain gladiator type armor. The main time you get confronted by Khajiit and Argonians with human 'bits' attached is when killing and looting bandits and other enemies.

The other thing that comes to mind to solve the problem might be some sort of script that runs for certain races and when there is nothing equipped on the lower body or there is no inventory a loincloth gets somehow added to the inventory and equipped.

Edited by oblivionpilgrim