Need an EXTREEMLY simple model and cant model myself so please help&#3

angelwraith

i need the xmarker 'x' shape replaced with a sphere, 400 radius.

if you can do color, use: #CC99FF

i need all other properties to be exactly the same as the xmarker model!!

i am currently using the xmarker for what i need and it is perfect save for the changes i need made.

a big red x isnt working for me aesthetically (the activator i am using this for actually needs to be visible ingame)

but a seethrough sphere with these specs and the same type texture would be PERFECT.

for anyone that knows there way around nifscope, they could probably get this done quicker than its taking me to type this post i just dont have time to figure out nifscope to do 1 model, so pleeease help!!

ooooook.... or not?

please?

everything else is completed for the weapon im working on.. scripts and everything are perfect this is the only thing i need still..

your work will not be wasted i promise.. its going into a pretty well developed mod and will actually end up being a very big part of how people use the main weapon.

I'm off to bed soon to but if Floats wants to make the model I can help him on skype. I have been wanting Floats to try-out the modelling software for a while, this looks like a good project to get him into the art.

Hey Angel,

I'll do this for you. You helped me out, least I could do for you in return. I'll have to talk to Sputnik though about actually getting from 3D into Geck though. So bear with me, but I'll take it on. I need to learn. And this sounds simple enough. Just bare with me, but I'll have it for you.

awesome, thanks!

yeah this is the very last thing i need to make my holorifle work properly.

just bear in mind i really have only 3 requirements out of the model im trying to get.

[*] its a sphere.

[*] its mostly see-through

[*] there is NO collision geometry.

the color would be great if it were #CC99FF

a little background on what it is for:

its a reticle for a gun

but its actually in game.

as you move around the object will stay at the crosshair with its distance changing based on player angle.

right now the object i am using as the reticle is a flagpole so to the player positions it near their enemy and then fires the weapon if their is an enemy within a certain range of the object a special scipt is run that fakes the firing of the gun and places its projectile/explosion at the enemy.

the guns projectile speed is already near instant so to the player when these conditions are satisfied nothing looks different but the weapon now spawns the explosion at the source so I.E. the weapons projectile will lock on target. kinda like the gun in 5th element just without the neat animation of curving projectiles. also this makes 1 more thing possible that really is the entire goal to the weapon.. it shoots through walls, boulders, mountains, crowds of innocents ... theres no more in between sooo... yeah thats why.

anyway i know this sounds like a lot but its all already done.

the only thing i need is a decent reticle for the player

oh yeah 1 more thing. this sphere is always hanging directly in front of your face when this weapon is out so it is very important that is has a relativity low opacity.

also because the weapon still fires like normal if there is no target lock it is also very important there is NO collision geometry. so the projectiles dont hit the bubble/sphere and airburst.

the xmarker model is perfect in those attributes, which is why i used it as an example, it has a low opacity and does not allow premature projectile impact.

im trying to install skype right now.

if you have any questions ill be available on there soon.

I believe that we have got the job done, if not get back to me and I will see if I can get the problems sorted.