Loading saves issue

madelou

So I had an issue with DA:I for a few days where I was experiencing an endless white screen after a cutscene with Solas just before discovering Skyhold. I contacted EA to fix it, ended up updating the game and then I couldn't even open the game from Origins, it would merely be a background process but it would never actually open. I updated the game again, updated my computer to Windows 10, and ended up having to uninstall the game off Origins and reinstall it.

I now have a bigger issue that I hope can be fixed. The game opens wonderfully now (even faster than before due to Windows 10 I assume), but I can't open any of my saves (I copied the folder to the desktop before reinstalling, and placed them back in the folder they belonged in after installation). I did have mods before, and the error I get is that I don't have the correct patch, even though I do. I googled the issue and found a solution but I'm afraid I don't understand what to do or where I go to solve the issue. I can be computer savvy but not with the super technical stuff like this, so I kind of need someone to walk me through this :P

I have a Macbook Pro 2013 with Bootcamp now running on Windows 10, if that helps at all.

Thanks to anyone who can possibly help me!!

@madelou;

1. Find the file named: "package.mft".

(On my Windows machine, it's in the folder: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Dragon Age Inquisition\Update\Patch")

2. Open the file with any ASCII editor.

It contains three lines:

===============

Name patch
Authoritative
Version [xx]
===============

3. Increment the Version number by one.

4. Save the file.

5. Start the game.

6. Load your save.

If you still get the error message, repeat steps 2-6.

Good Luck! :thumbsup:

Ah, that did work!! Thank you so much! I am having yet another issue now.. they never seem to end! I tried to open the DA:I Mod Manager so I could get my mods working again and it keeps crashing every time I open it, even as administrator. Is this possibly because I updated to Windows 10? Do I need to start a new topic for that issue?