Changing just one NPC

MerlinCross

So here's a really stupid question, I guess. I've tried googling it but always seem to get the run around.

Anyway, how do you just change the appearance of 1 NPC. And I'm not talking about opening up the console command or something. I mean how do you mod their body/face texture to use one of the the many that are on the nexus.

I guess another way to word it is, "How would I make this Stand Alone".

So here's a really stupid question, I guess. I've tried googling it but always seem to get the run around.

Anyway, how do you just change the appearance of 1 NPC. And I'm not talking about opening up the console command or something. I mean how do you mod their body/face texture to use one of the the many that are on the nexus.

I guess another way to word it is, "How would I make this Stand Alone".

Ths is a rough overview what it takes to make racemenu face put onto your follower or NPC faces.

while in race menu

when I am in Race menu I make a face look the way I want and while in racemenu

1. console do the command ( SPF yourfacename ) saves a file that is used to import face into CK on the actor that you setup

2. save your preset ( yourfacename ) make a nif file that you will use with nifmerge to merge over the one you imported to CK with the SPF

3. export the head (yourfacename ) makes a dds file so you can have any makeup and stuff with gimp to over right the CK file later.

after you done making your three files i open CK and setup an actor, there are tutorials how to do that

while in CK after setting up your actor or follower factions and stuff and place them in game

1. I import the SPF file into the actor import gen then close actor form

2. while looking at the actor list highlight the character name and press cnrtl+F4 wait a few seconds, this makes a NIF file and a DDS file.

they will be a file like random for that exact character made and look like example 0331F3.nif and 0331F3.dds

if your doing a bunch of them at once might be a good Idea to make a separate note pad file your character and what its code is

next I open Nif Merge ( there are tutorials for that stuff also)

that is where you drag the racemenu nif to left window and the ck file to the right window and merge rewrite the ck nif file

next I open Gimp and open the racemenu head export file and export it with minimaps over the CK dds file... done

open and run skyrim to review the results.

It took me about 1-3 days watching vids and setting u nifmerge with nifskope and installing Gimp with dds files.

After following all the step by steps which are pretty easy to google them, now I can get faces made and transfer in about 5-8 minutes now

it took me another week by trial and error getting rid of, or avoid neck seams by setting up your race menu at 100 weight, if you forgot and have it like 50 or 70, you get a neck seam regardless what you change the weight later in CK.

Even missing faces and miss match hairs making some disturbing looking NPC's and I have several blooper screen shots to share one day.

but more or less that is what your up against or what it will take to do a custom look.

But if you want a custom body you will need to look up make custom races and setting up all the body files for male and females.

Edited by mangarian

But if you want a custom body you will need to look up make custom races and setting up all the body files for male and females.

Honestly I just want to either make a follower that doesn't use vanilla looks or swap the look of just one NPC. I'll try what you suggested.