Reinstalling Wheels of Lull kills my player at startup.

Markley454

So yeah, I've tried researching this issue time and time again, but I apparently seem to be the only one this happens to, and when I've asked before, everyone just replies with, "Reload older save" and/or "Start a fresh game."
Obviously, those might work, but I really don't want to abandon my current save game, because of the amount of hours of gameplay I have put into it, so one final time, I wish to figure this issue out.

ISSUE

A few months ago, I downloaded The Wheels of Lull, because it looked awesome. Well, when I downloaded and installed it, I was in Dawnstar. I load up my save game, and before even giving the first robot dude a chance to meet me, I entered the Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary. The moment I was loaded inside the sanctuary, the robot dude is right there talking to me, and goes on as he should, and apparently after he tells you he'd guide you to a special location, he's supposed to kill himself, and you're to take his head or something...
Well that never happened... He just stands there watching me... staring... that slow moving jaw... haunting me... mocking me... God, make it stop... oh, I can just go outside... nothing happens... no triggered events, no robot dude following me... just like the mod never happened... lol

OK, so apparently something went wrong... I'll just exit the game, remove the mod, create a new quick save with my character, reinstall the mod, and see if that fixes it...

nope... The moment my save loads, my character just... dies... he's perfectly healthy the moment he's loaded into the world, then he just throws down his weapon, gives up on life, and dies, only to reload into instant death... continuous experience of death, without the satisfaction of resting in peace... my eternal curse...

So, I exit the game, remove the mod, reload the game... My curse has been lifted, and I can go about my adventurous ways...

I experimented with everything. Thought maybe another mod was conflicting with it? Nope... It's all to do with my character apparently triggering some scripted event that leads to instant unjustifiable death.

I gave up on the mod, and kept it uninstalled... I play my character, adding another 100+ hours to the gameplay.
I figured for as long as I've played that character, maybe the bugged scripted shenanigans (or whatever it is) expired or was simply discarded, and try to give the mod another try...
Nope... instant death, reload, death, reload, etc. into Oblivion... or until I exit the game, and remove the mod once again.

So... yeah... that's my issue. Anyone have a clue what's going on, and if so, any way to fix it?

Clean your save with a save cleaning tool. And to make WoL, work in the first place (that is, for the NPC to talk to you), you have to be outside. If all else fails, you can just go to Fort Neugrad's lake and activate the light there to summon him.

Clean your save with a save cleaning tool. And to make WoL, work in the first place (that is, for the NPC to talk to you), you have to be outside. If all else fails, you can just go to Fort Neugrad's lake and activate the light there to summon him.

Yeah, I tried to clean my save, and though it did help with stability, my character still dies as soon as I load my cleaned save file with the WoL Mod installed. I'd be more than happy to activate this light if my character would stay alive.

You loaded it with a save cleaner that actually cleans out orphaned scripts, right? Because those orphaned scripts are what's killing you.

Clean it, install the mod, save, clean again.

Ahh, I just used a different Save Cleaner, one which does just that... I loaded up my game, and no death! Awesome!

Was just getting ready to make the journey to Dawnstar, but I randomly CTDed... lol

Skyrim...

anyway, thanks trainwiz!