Character Hovering Problem

Rubicon83

Hey there, peeps. I was wondering if anyone could help me in a small matter.

As you can see in my first image, I realized that my character was a little off when it comes to putting his hands on the counter in the Bannered Mare in Whiterun. Took a few seconds before I noticed his feet were hovering as well.

http://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy297/Rubicon83/1.jpg

I exited the Bannered Mare and ran around to experiment with the character. Turns out, the hovering isn't limited to the Bannered Mare. It gets really bad down by the blacksmith.

http://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy297/Rubicon83/2.jpg

However, there are places where the hovering seemingly goes away. Like in the marketplace.

http://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy297/Rubicon83/3.jpg

Does anyone know anything about this? I have modded my game so I guess it could be a mod-issue. Frankly, its been so long since I played Skyrim without mods that I can't remember if vanilla had this problem anywhere.

Anyway, everything is up to date. Latest versions of SkyUI, SKSE, patches, NMM and LOOT.

And here is the list of my mods:

http://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy297/Rubicon83/4.jpg

If anyone knows anything, I would appreciate any help you could give me. :smile:

Btw, tried to uninstall the high heels mod, but that didn't work. Though scripts might still be running in the savefile, but it seems unlikely.

Do me a favor. Get this program [modwatch] it allows to post modlist, you load order and both ini files easily, beat having to look in the screenshots.

Are the NPCs floating too or is it only your character?

Actually yes, it appears that the NPCs float somewhat in these areas as well, but its most pronounced with my character. Like, Lydia's hand floats just a few inches off the counter, but my character (as you can see) looks to be holding his hand completely up in the air.

Could be from HDT High Heels. That increases the height of actors slightly for certain boots.

Yes, but as I said, the first thing I did was to try to uninstall that mod and see if the problem persisted. Which it did. :O

Might be a combination of all your mesh and texture modifications. If you overwrite textures designed specifically for a certain mesh, like marketplace floor for example, it is possible to see certain issues.
But it would have to be a few major overhauls witch I don't see in your mods except ETAC and Dawn Of Skyrim mods.
Btw you can switch to a merged esp for the Dawn Of mods.

Try making a new game and going back to check if this still affects it.
I ask you to make a new game because if it persists you going to have to disable mods one by one. (reminds me: when you uninstalled HDT did you make a new game to test?)

You can open console on the main menu and coc to whiterun to skip the game intro.
Start by HDT, Dawn Of Whiterun, XMPS (perhaps switch to XMPSE in the process), and anything that you think is related to either the issue or the locations where it happens.

Yes, but as I said, the first thing I did was to try to uninstall that mod and see if the problem persisted. Which it did. :O

Actually, come to think of it, the scripts do seem to continue running despite HDT High Heels being uninstalled. I was testing an HDT High Heels workaround for someone where I had to turn off HDT High Heels but the script was still running on my saved game, with HDT High Heel boots still working. When I loaded up a save that started out with no mods, the same HDT boots were digging into the ground indicating that the scripts weren't running for this saved game.

In any case, try running the save game script cleaner and see if it still persists.

Edited by KunoMochi

Might be a combination of all your mesh and texture modifications. If you overwrite textures designed specifically for a certain mesh, like marketplace floor for example, it is possible to see certain issues.

But it would have to be a few major overhauls witch I don't see in your mods except ETAC and Dawn Of Skyrim mods.

Btw you can switch to a merged esp for the Dawn Of mods.

Try making a new game and going back to check if this still affects it.

I ask you to make a new game because if it persists you going to have to disable mods one by one. (reminds me: when you uninstalled HDT did you make a new game to test?)

You can open console on the main menu and coc to whiterun to skip the game intro.

Start by HDT, Dawn Of Whiterun, XMPS (perhaps switch to XMPSE in the process), and anything that you think is related to either the issue or the locations where it happens.

I'm a little tipsy right now so om gonna try that tomorrow ((or when i get the chance minus a hangover) ^^ hwever, the reason for me downloading the dawn of-mods separately is because i like the way Solitude turned out in Complete Solitude ^^^

Actually, come to think of it, the scripts do seem to continue running despite HDT High Heels being uninstalled. I was testing an HDT High Heels workaround for someone where I had to turn off HDT High Heels but the script was still running on my saved game, with HDT High Heel boots still working. When I loaded up a save that started out with no mods, the same HDT boots were digging into the ground indicating that the scripts weren't running for this saved game.

In any case, try running the save game script cleaner and see if it still persists.

Oh just great, i hhate when scripts keep on running and running .. sigh .. ill have to check that out ^^