Questions about the well known grey faces bug.

Gerheardt

Hi there! Many people knows about the grey faces problem. I uploaded a mod with many npcs. I had the problem then exported the missing files with ctrl + F4. Everything works fine on my PC now.

2 users of my mod are facing the grey faces bug. In fact, the first user just recorded videos of my mod and i saw it by myself. I checked my published file and realised some meshes were missing. I updated my published file and i assume everything's ok.

Afterwards, another user of my mod mentionned the grey faces. I don't know if he used the updated file which contains the exported things. Here's what my published .zip file contains:

Data\GerheardtPinemistEN.esp (My mod file in itself)
Data\Meshes\actors\character\FaceGenData\FaceGeom\GerheardtPinemistEN.esp (Contains .nif files)

Data\Textures\actors\character\FaceGenData\Facetint\GerheardtPinemistEN.esp (Contains .dds and .tga files)

Do i need to include something else to get the grey faces problem solved for users? I think they just installed it wrong or the NMM did but i want to be sure. Thank you!

Ok so i can remove the .tga files since they're not used and nothing's missing otherwise? I don't know how to get my .esp file in .bsa. I will search for a tutorial somewhere. As i understand, i can improve my publishing by removing the .tga and creating a .bsa file but it's already supposed to work as it is...isn't it?

Edited by Gerheardt

CK itself has the option of creating a BSA file for you, but I found that it would leave out the FaceGenData folders. I usually pack them up manually using another BSA archiver, like BSA Opt. It might be a bit difficult to learn to use, though.

Otherwise, you should be able to just pack them up in the same Data folder file structure in a zip file and call it a day. I recommend that you test it out in a mod manager or something to make sure that it is working correctly.

Edited by KunoMochi