Landscape editor - how to tell what quad an object is in?

Belthan

I want to erase the ScrubBarrenWastes* textures from a very small area to put some furniture where there is currently grass. I can delete those textures from the entire quad in the Landscape Texture Viewer, and re-paint grass everywhere except the spot I want to be bare, but all four quads have the same textures so I don't know which is the one I want. I can find it by trial and error (probably faster than it takes to type this message) but I've run into the same problem before and will probably run into it again, so I'd really like a more reliable way. Is there a way to show quad borders the way the B key shows cell borders? EDIT: I answered the following question in a later post. Or are the quads always numbered the same way within a cell - for example, with the camera facing straight down and north at the top of the render window, are the quads arranged like this?

1 2

3 4

And, of course, if anybody knows an obscure trick like "hold the foo key and right-click to un-paint the current texture" that would be the perfect solution.

Okay, so by trial and error I determined that if you turn on borders and orient the render window so that North is at the top with the camera facing straight down, the quads within an exterior cell are arranged like this:

3 4

1 2

If the area you want to re-paint is near the corner, then you can tell pretty easily which quad it's in. If it's in the middle, it's still guesswork. So, the original question stands: any way to show quad borders like you can show cell borders, or even better, any undocumented trick to "unpaint" a texture without deleting that texture from the entire quad?