ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Reshade issues since 1.10

danwillysxi

Hi,

I looked but can't find mention to this issue, although there is someone encountering the same problem on the official CDPR forums but no fix... So the reshade profile I have used since day one has stopped working with the latest patch (1.10). Is anyone else having this same issue? I have finally got it load Reshade and I can toggle the profile on/off whilst at the start menu but it won't load any save games?? It infinitely loops on the loading screen. I have to ctrl+alt+del out and close witcher3.exe - I then have to delete all reshade files out of the game directory and verify files in GOG before I can get into the game again. I've tried multiple presets and different versions of reshade and I get the same problem. Any help?

From crosire, one of the Reshade devs. Found on the reshade forum:

Q.: It looks like Witcher 3 now has its own d3d11.dll and dxgi.dll and trying to overwtrite the dxgi.dll breaks the game.

A.: These are from GOG Galaxy's in-game overlay. Remove them both, use ReShade instead and it should work fine.

This doesn't fix the issue. Reshade is still breaking the game. I have even tried disabling GOG overlay in the GOG settings and no luck. The game simply will not get past the loading screen without the vanilla dxgi.dll file installed. Thanks anyway.

EDIT: I've found a solution for anyone still struggling with this - leave both the GOG dxgi.dll and d3d11.dll files alone and call your reshade64 file the direct x9 version (d3d9.dll) this has worked for me.

Edited by danwillysxi