Automatic Variants: unable to loot creeps

FaccioneDiSkyrim

Bad news.

Here what I did.

1) Removed Simply Big Trees

2) Removed Fallen Trees

3) Removed Cinematic Fire Effects

4) Installed UHDFFX

5) copied loadorder.txt, plugins.tes5viewsettings and plugins.txt in *Users*/Appdata/local/skyrim

6) uninstalled LOOT

7) started the game

Crash after Bethesda logo.

Game not starting.

What I have to do now? :sad:

I'm so scared to have messed up everything.

Edited by FaccioneDiSkyrim

Mmm i wonder if localization files cause this. Temporarily disable the custom patch and AV patch and try to start. If it works then will have to think of a workaround.

If it still dont work then post papyrus log

Mmm i wonder if localization files cause this. Temporarily disable the custom patch and AV patch and try to start. If it works then will have to think of a workaround.

If it still dont work then post papyrus log

You were right: if I disable them game starts.

How can I help you with localization? May I translate something for you?

Well, i might need your bsa files to do it. I think my editor "saved" the errors.

Try something for me, open tesvedit with custompatch and AV enabled and click on "check for errors" in them after they load. If it says none, close tesvedit. If it asks you to save anything, say yes then try to run the game with them on again. This might *fix* them.

Not sure if you already did but you could regenerate you AV patch and try it now also. Do the above thing first.

Well, i might need your bsa files to do it. I think my editor "saved" the errors.

Try something for me, open tesvedit with custompatch and AV enabled and click on "check for errors" in them after they load. If it says none, close tesvedit. If it asks you to save anything, say yes then try to run the game with them on again. This might *fix* them.

Not sure if you already did but you could regenerate you AV patch and try it now also. Do the above thing first.

Ok mate, was my fault. I didn't see I had disable True Giants mod and when I started TESVEDIT he said, of course, there was an error and alternate variants needed it.

I started the game and spawned 10 skeevers: unfortunately they were all the same. So I started the AV patcher to load the alternate textures.

When I restarted the game the 10 skeevers were all different but, again, without name and no loot: I guess the problem is just the alternate variants esp file that's created by the patcher.

However I just overwrited it with your AV esp file, started the game and everything was fine.

Everything starts, creeps show their proper name and they're lootable! GREAT! :devil:

Unfortunately when you created the patch you used ALL the models... even the ugly pinks Mammoths and Skeevers.

Would you be so kind to tell me what should I edit on my own esp file?

Moreover... I know english but some mods (probably the unofficial patches) translated pieces of game like creatures and buildings. How can I turn them back in Italian?

What should I look for into tesvedit?

Thanks for everything.

Lol i didnt see any pink mammoths. This i didnt know about. I just used the same 3 packs you mentioned. I can look at fixing that for you if you want.

With changing names from English, it is easy as 1 2 3 with tesvedit. Just find the record that need changing back, you can find it easier with apply filter because they always highlight red or orange (well lots do that but still much easier) and once you click on the record you see on the right the tables with all the info, you can find the name and change it. If you Skyrim esm is Italian, and mod change to english, you will see it clearly. You can actually "drag and drop" the Italian name onto the English name and it will change it! Very easy to do :) If it is a completely unique record to the mod, it wont be highlighted if it hasnt been touched by other mod, but you can just find the record and type the name manually. It can be annoying if a mod updates so what you can do is right click on a record and select "copy as override into" then just select the custom patch or make your own new file from the menu. This way the custom patch acts as a permanent master patch for all things you want to patch in your game. Have a go at it, its very easy to get the hang of ;)

Lol i didnt see any pink mammoths. This i didnt know about. I just used the same 3 packs you mentioned. I can look at fixing that for you if you want.

You didn't know because in those packs there are amazing textures but even ugly ones (like pink mammoths, pink and leopard-style skeever).

When you start the AV patcher you should have the three packs: Bellyaches, InsanitySorrow and Sounaipr.

Expand (click on the + icon on the left) InsanitySorrow, search for Skeevers, expand it and the subdirectory Skins and you'll have Var01, Var02 etc. Disable Var03, Var04, Var13, Var14.

Now expand Sounaipr, search for Mammoth, expand the subdirector Skins and disable the Pink skin.

That should be all.

But please, if you want to teach me what I have to edit in my AV eps to make it works, I'll be glad to do it on my own.

I should learn anyway, I don't want to bother you again for any customization of automatic variants! :laugh:

When i looked at the AV esp, there is nothing definite inside it to edit. Seems to be completely dependant on the patcher.

Ill get to fixing it as soon as i can.

When i looked at the AV esp, there is nothing definite inside it to edit. Seems to be completely dependant on the patcher.

Ill get to fixing it as soon as i can.

So what's the difference between your patcher and mine?

That's a good question as you patch and everything it's fine while I do the same and I get the famous error (no name nor loot).

What if it's due to the language of the game?

I think it has something to do with the language, or something surrounding it. You probably already tried reinstalling all of java and stuff so i dont understand why it doesnt work apart from that.

You would have to raise that question with the AV guys.