CTD after Bethesda logo

CzarnySamael

Hey.
My version of game:
All DLCs.
According to LOOT - my SKSE is up to date.
As said above, I have CTD. Before it happened, I tried to clean mods by TESV, as suggested by LOOT.
IDK which log I should post.
I had to clean my mods, because ealier, my saves where ending after about 10 mins of play and trying to save the game.
Please help.

You're missing a master file somewhere. Check Wrye Bash and make sure EVERYTHING is green. Any red mods? Check on the right and find out what master file is missing for it. Any orange? You need to resort their masters in TES5EDIT.

Edited by Ivory_Soul

BTW, I am using NMM.

I have dealt with that problem by disabling all mods and then turning them on again, until I found out that few made some problems during re-abling:
-Bathing in Skyrim
-Cloaks of Skyrim
-Complete Crafting Overhaul
-Rebirth Monster.
But, after I play few minutes and try to save, I have CTD. Similar if I am going to different location. I had simillar problem few days ago and I had to use one of my save-game backups, avoid using MineOre and use Fast Travel to near loaction.
Papyrus gived me simillar result to then:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/35308/4854264-przechwytywanie7.jpg

to current one, so I thought that I need to clean them (take values from right sided mod to left one, in this case Complete Crafting Overhaul as it was suggested in posts I have read about it).

I am downloading and installing Wyre Bash in this moment. Could You explain to me few things?

1.If I am using PDTWrapper and it says "Remove Unattached Instances", why it doesn't have real effects? I am doing it, then I am playing again, creating new save and after I check it out, it has exactly the same results. Does that mean, that problem is in compability of my mods? How to check that out?
2.When I am using TESVEdit, I am checking "apply filter for errors" and then I copy right-sided values to cells in left side, to eliminate errors. But now I have read, that some errors are actually what mods are and that is why I could have CTD. "Remove Identical to Masters" doesn't have any effect.
3.Is that normal that my LOOTDebugLog is to large for Pastebin? And I mean dozen of times to large.
4.I get that kind of messages from LOOT, but as I've said - TESV "R I to M" doesn't seem to have any effect:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/35308/4857009-loot1.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/35308/4857010-loot2.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/35308/4857011-loot3.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/35308/4857012-loot4.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/35308/4857013-loot5.jpg

5.It seems that my LOOT can't affect my Steam (also my first game on Steam), since end of LOOTdebugInfo says in the end of log:

"[14:31:28] [debug]: Saving LOOT settings.
[14:31:28] [error]: Failed to save LOOT's settings. Error: failed opening file: Odmowa dostępu.
: iostream stream error"

Ok, done. In the meantime, I have learned that I was using TESV in wrong way.
I can turn on the game, even load save and then I have few seconds before the game stops. It doesn't CTD anymore, but I need to use menager to turn it off.
I have 7 orange mods.

Edited by CzarnySamael

Wrye Bash has nothing to do with NMM. You need to download the INSTALLER of Wrye Bash and run it. Don't clean EVERY single mod you have, you just screwed everything up right there. I would only clean ESM files for now. You right click and select apply for CLEANING. Then you delete the ITMs as LOOT says. Wrye Bash is a VERY important tool and you must get that running to find out if you have missing master files and to make sure you don't have any orange mods.

Wrye Bash has nothing to do with NMM. You need to download the INSTALLER of Wrye Bash and run it. Don't clean EVERY single mod you have, you just screwed everything up right there. I would only clean ESM files for now. You right click and select apply for CLEANING. Then you delete the ITMs as LOOT says. Wrye Bash is a VERY important tool and you must get that running to find out if you have missing master files and to make sure you don't have any orange mods.

Since then, I have done and learned few things. Including bad using of TESV.

I have disabled all my mods and turned them on again, so that mess I did with TESV was taken care off. I used TESV in correct way - Apply filter for cleaning, Removed ITM, Undeleted and Disabled Refernces. Yet, many mods in TESV still are red.

I've had 7 orange mods in WB. Order they need, contradicted with other mods, which is a specially strange, that few wants Dragonborn and Dawnguard DLC switched.

Wrye Bash works, but not from its installer. When I have installed it to Skyrim file, it didn't worked at all. I've looked on YT and it told me, that I can unpack it and then use it. I did and it worked. NMM loaded WB and created Bashed Patch. I used LOOT again - it showed me, that TESV cleaning was succesfull in 6 of 7 cases of warnings and 1 last error. Yet, when I was starting the game, it was freezing when I moved. I could Fast Travel, shout, move my camera, but if my shout moved me or I did - game freezed and I had to use my program menager to deal with it and turn off the game. (((Yes, I was using my FNIS each time when I was turning on/off my mods, even if they didn't seem to mess with animation)))

As I've said - 7 mods were orange and LOOT shows me only one 1 mod to be editted. This are 8 different mods, that 1 from LOOT doesn't seem to have anything in common with other 7. TESV didn't cure the last mod, I tried to disable it - game CTD after load. I turned it on again.

I disabled other 7 mods - I can turn on the game and everything was working to point were I have to save the game. It works only if I am Fast travelling. Other then that - it crashes.

I found out, that saves have strange names. They aren't just .skse or .ess. They have .bak and .tmp endings as well. I deleted them. What is more important, new saves actually exist in my documents, but in wrong way. I have loaded my 119 save and saved the game. It CTD, but created 120(...).ess, 120(...).skse and 121(...).tmp. Why 121? IDK. I cutted off 121.tmp and tried to play. It loaded and crushed after few seconds.

It also doesn't seem to matter if I will turned on some of these mods, it crushes the same way.

Also, my LOOT acts... strange. First thing is that all the time it thinks that I am using it first time and it doesn't remember that I am using it for Skyrim and it has so long log, that it can't fit in one Pastebin.

You're relying way too much on TESVEDIT. DOWNLOAD WRYE BASH and follow the instructions on my last post. You are fiddling and messing with mods to the point of breaking them. If you follow my instructions we can figure out what's wrong a lot easier than what you're doing.

Does Wrye come with Python packaged these days? Im still on 304.3.

By the way OP best advice you got is to use Wrye if you can learn it ;). Pretty easy to use and imo the best, i only use Wrye and tesvedit. When you are making patches on tesvedit make sure you are copying as override into a new file rather tahn changing mod esps, this makes your life easier if you make mistakes.

Dont worry about the colors you see with filter in tesvedit, red means conflict loser, orange is conflict winner, yellow and green mean successful override of master/original record. You cannot get rid of all red unless you spend much time customizing every esp which is a waste of time. You can use tesvedit to see the conflicts and decide what load order a mod should be, then easily change order of said mod in Wrye.

You're relying way too much on TESVEDIT. DOWNLOAD WRYE BASH and follow the instructions on my last post. You are fiddling and messing with mods to the point of breaking them. If you follow my instructions we can figure out what's wrong a lot easier than what you're doing.

I did and as I have said ealier:

I've had 7 orange mods in WB. Order they need, contradicted with other mods, which is a specially strange, that few wants Dragonborn and Dawnguard DLC switched.

Wrye Bash works, but not from its installer. When I have installed it to Skyrim file, it didn't worked at all. I've looked on YT and it told me, that I can unpack it and then use it. I did and it worked. NMM loaded WB and created Bashed Patch. (...)

As I've said - 7 mods were orange and LOOT shows me only one 1 mod to be editted. This are 8 different mods, that 1 from LOOT doesn't seem to have anything in common with other 7.(...)

I disabled other 7 mods - I can turn on the game and everything was working to point were I have to save the game. It works only if I am Fast travelling. Other then that - it crashes.

(...)

Also, my LOOT acts... strange. First thing is that all the time it thinks that I am using it first time and it doesn't remember that I am using it for Skyrim and it has so long log, that it can't fit in one Pastebin.

I started using WB from yesterday ;-)

Does Wrye come with Python packaged these days? Im still on 304.3.

By the way OP best advice you got is to use Wrye if you can learn it :wink:. Pretty easy to use and imo the best, i only use Wrye and tesvedit. When you are making patches on tesvedit make sure you are copying as override into a new file rather tahn changing mod esps, this makes your life easier if you make mistakes.

Dont worry about the colors you see with filter in tesvedit, red means conflict loser, orange is conflict winner, yellow and green mean successful override of master/original record. You cannot get rid of all red unless you spend much time customizing every esp which is a waste of time. You can use tesvedit to see the conflicts and decide what load order a mod should be, then easily change order of said mod in Wrye.

BTW, I believe I found out what causes the problem, but I would better like to hear both of You about it :-)

Edited by CzarnySamael