Looking for a change.

BountyBam

I've played through Skyrim many times over the years, but I have been trying to make the game seriously immersive, challenging and tactical. For example, by the time I reach the first town (not necassarily Riverwood..) I have gathered enough materials to craft all of the bandoliers and have massive amount of carry weight.. whereas I was it to be a lot more difficult than this. I want to have to camp in the wilderness for a few days, actually hunt the animals and work towards getting materials to craft things - even if it takes me hours. Another thing that I am having trouble with managing, is I have Campfire installed, and I carry my cozy little tent around with me at all times. But the thing is I never actually need it. I can just walk to the nearest town and pay 10g to stay at the inn.

The mods I am currently trying out are:

Perkus Maximus

Campfire

Realistic Needs & Diseases

Hunterborn

Better Fast Travel (with "Fast Travel" disabled)

Complete Crafting Overhaul

Immersive Armours

Immersive Weapons

Deadly Dragons

Apocolypse

..and many more smaller mods such as weathers and ambient, sounds etc

Are there any other mod that you would suggest I give a try? I've been looking at a mod called Requiem. I've tried SkyRe in my last playthrough last year but thought i'd try its "successor" this time round.

Thanks for reading, and I hope this made sense! :)

You seem to have a nice little run through set up already. I'd add only a few:

Immersive Citizens

Frostfall

Wet&Cold

SkyTest

Animalica

Birds of Skyrim

Skybirds

True Wolves

That should round out the wilderness with everything from hunters out hunting, to cold which will make quickly walking to an inn a lot less plausible after a quick swim, and lots and lots of things to hunt.

Awesome list of mods posted above. Frostfall really is a game-changer, and I can't speak highly enough of it - hands-down one of my all-time favorite mods. As I'm sure most everyone here is aware, there's supposed to be a newer version released here next month. :)

As everyone else has said, Frostfall Frostfall FROSTFALL :laugh:! One of the best, most immersive mods ever created. There's nothing like trying to get to the top of the Throat of the World for the first time and trying not to freeze to death, huddled under a fur tent trying to keep your fire going. I'd also keep an eye out for Chesko's new mod, Last Seed, which isn't out yet but it's a primary needs and wellness mod, I'm going to guess it's going to be very adapted to Frostfall as well. You can also give Art of the Catch a try, it's an animated fishing mod by Chesko as well.