Skyrim CTD after loading

Lunazaki

Skyrim crashes to desktop after seconds after loading. It happens on all of my savegames as well as when starting a new game. EDIT: It now crashes about a minute into a game, and when I try to enter or leave anywhere.

(Also I can't get the bouncing boobs and butt to work but that's not the main issue right now)

I'm using the lastest version of Skyrim, SKSE, and NMM, and all my mods are up to date.

I usually have a solid framerate of 40+

Specs:

Windows 7 64 bit

NVIDIA GTX 750ti

2gb VRAM

8gb RAM

i5-4690K 3.50GHz

Mod load order:

0 0 Skyrim.esm
1 1 Update.esm
2 2 Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
3 3 Dawnguard.esm
4 4 Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp
5 5 HearthFires.esm
6 6 Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp
7 7 Dragonborn.esm
8 8 Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp
9 9 ApachiiHairFemales.esm
10 a ApachiiHair.esm
11 b ApachiiHairMales.esm
12 c WinterholdDestruction.esm
13 d HighResTexturePack01.esp
14 e HighResTexturePack02.esp
15 f HighResTexturePack03.esp
16 10 TouringCarriages.esp
17 11 hdplants+herbs.esp
18 12 immersive roads.esp
19 13 Skyrim Radioactive.esp
20 14 ExpandedWinterholdRuins.esp
21 15 Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul.esp
22 16 armored circlets.esp
23 17 Book Covers Skyrim.esp
24 18 Helgen Reborn.esp
25 19 betterinns.esp
26 1a Breezehome_Fully_Upgradable.esp
27 1b DawnofWindhelm.esp
28 1c SkyFalls + SkyMills + DG + DB.esp
29 1d ImmersiveFarmHouses.esp
30 1e WATER DG + DB.esp
31 1f bettermorthal.esp
32 20 Civil War Repairs.esp
33 21 ethereal_elven_overhaul.esp
34 22 EMCompViljaSkyrim.esp
35 23 Run For Your Lives.esp
36 24 Cloaks.esp
37 25 Inigo.esp
38 26 SMIM-Merged-All.esp
39 27 Dragon Falls Manor.esp
40 28 Immersive Patrols II.esp
41 29 betterdawnstar.esp
42 2a bettermarkarthexterieur.esp
43 2b Signs_of_Skyrim.esp
44 2c tavevillages.esp
45 2d riverwoodenhancedplugin.esp
46 2e betterwinterhold.esp
47 2f whiterunexenhanced.esp
48 30 WATER Plants.esp
49 31 taveriften.esp
50 32 When Vampires Attack.esp
51 33 lightweight potions and poisons.esp
52 34 dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp
53 35 torchradius.esp
54 36 tavesolitude.esp
55 37 tavewindhelm.esp
56 38 flanseyesforskrim.esp
57 39 purewaters.esp
58 3a barenziahquestmarkers.esp
59 3b nirnrootcultivation.esp
60 3c killablechildren.esp
61 3d surreal lighting.esp
62 3e Argonian Access.esp
63 3f tavefalkreath.esp
64 40 BP2Meeko.esp
65 41 KhajiitChildren.esp
66 42 unkillable shadowmere.esp
67 43 ApachiiHelmetWigs.esp
68 44 Imperial Guard Overhaul.esp
69 45 SkyUI.esp
70 46 Convenient Horses.esp
71 47 Convenient Horses - Unique Frost.esp
72 48 ORM-Arvak.esp
73 49 Fantasy Soundtrack Project.esp
74 4a FSP - Dawnguard Edition.esp
75 4b FSP - Dragonborn Edition.esp
76 4c Symphonies Of Skyrim.esp
77 4d NirShor-MusicalLore.esp
78 4e FantasySoundtrackProjectCombatMusic.esp
79 4f Footprints.esp
80 50 FreckleMania.esp
81 51 SeptimGold001.esp
82 52 GreenWaterFix_v2withDawnguard.esp
83 53 Guard Dialogue Overhaul.esp
84 54 HearthfireMultiKid.esp
85 55 marriable serana.esp
86 56 marriable serana hf.esp
87 57 HearthFire Display Case Fix.esp
88 58 HearthfireMultiKid_LastName.esp
89 59 KJ Tattoos 4K.esp
90 5a NoAnimalsReportCrimes-DG+DB.esp
91 5b RaceMenuOverlays.esp
92 5c AzarHairPonyTail 03 - Havok.esp
93 5d Rainbows.esp
94 5e dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp
95 5f SGEyebrows.esp
96 60 Solstheim Landscape Overhaul.esp
97 61 RaceMenu.esp
98 62 RaceMenuPlugin.esp
99 63 TheCoenaculiCBBE.esp
100 64 The Dance of Death - Ultimate Edition.esp
101 65 BS-TheHag_Overlays.esp
102 66 TKMN_MoreAdoptableChildren.esp
103 67 Unique Grasses.esp
104 68 UnreadBooksGlow.esp
105 69 UsefulDogs.esp
106 6a EMViljaInSolstheimAddOn.esp
107 6b HearthfireMoveKidsfix.esp
108 6c WyldMenuPlugFemale.esp
109 6d WyldMenuPlugMale.esp
110 6e TakeNotes.esp
111 6f Better Dynamic Snow.esp
112 70 DSerHorsesRevamped.esp
113 71 XPMSE.esp
114 72 Apocalypse - The Spell Package.esp
115 73 Daedric Reaper Armor.esp
116 74 Auto Unequip Ammo.esp
117 75 Immersive Weapons.esp
118 76 skullsofskyrimblack.esp
119 77 Logical Civil War Armor.esp
120 78 Unique Uniques.esp
121 79 Better Vampires.esp
122 7a VL No AoE Drain.esp
123 7b Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp
Stuff I've tried:
Running as Admin
Running LOOT for the load order
Cleaning up ITM records with TESVEdit
Uninstalling and reinstalling mods (In groups of around 5 because there's no way I'm doing 123 mods separately.
Uninstalling and reinstalling Skyrim
Uninstalling and reinstalling Steam
Verifying integrity of game cache
I should note that the game was running earlier today with the exact same setup and only crashing every 10-15 minutes, and yesterday with fewer mods only crashing every hour.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Edited by Lunazaki

Well tour load order isnt tragic but you still need to learn how to use tesvedit to resolve conflicts. Make yourself a patch by using "copy as override into" and select new file (you do this by right clicking on a record you want to copy to your patch and edit). Much guides available for this. Also spend some time optimizing your INI files. Also be careful which files you clean, im pretty sure you dont clean the Bethesda esms.

Also, what trouble did you have with installing the bouncing boobs? I know they are kinda all over the place about it. Anyway easiest way is download bodyslide, open it and choose CBBE curvy hdt and save that, then install all xpmse staight on top. For UNP, maybe bodyslide can do it too but otherwise idk where a hdt enabled version of it is uploaded.

Thanks, I optimized the ini files, was pretty careful about cleaning stuff when I did it.

I looked into resolving the conflicts,and changed a couple of things, there were a lot of conflicts but most I knew about and I'm pretty sre they're not causing the issue since I've had them for months without problems. Something must've worked though because now the game loads and runs fine, until I try to enter or leave anywhere, then it crashes. Still progress though.

As for the bouncing boobs, that's exactly what I did, but the boobs won't bounce. And the sliders that change their size don't work.

I would try reinstalling your xpmse setup from scratch. I had trouble understanding the terms for it because there is no specific list on it, but i did get it right the first time. What i did was:

Install CBBE base files for Curvy

Install FNIS

Install RaceMenu

Generate CBBE curvy never nude HDT, held CTRL while clicking save body so the two mesh files i needed saved into BodySlide directorInstall Equipping Overhaul with DSR meshes (all the same if its just DSR)

Install XPMSE

Run FNIS generator

Just listing it out like that so you can check against it.

Regarding the ctd, you tried fast travelling away from said area or any attempt to leave the area your in ctds?

I reinstalled everything in the order you said and it worked, thanks! I think I forget to run the FNIS gen.

As for the CTD, it does seem a lot worse around windhelm for some reason, but I've fast travelled all over and it still crashed after a minute at most.

I tried uninstalling the unofficial patches since they're the only new mod, but that just made it worse.

Youd have to really go through tesvedit with a filter and hand patch a lot of conflicts, this will take you a couple hours at first but once you get the hang of it you just do it everytime you add a new mod and keep your game peachy. This will also help you to realize a lot of load order conflicts, sometimes you can easily spot a mod out of place.

For example, i can relate my own game crashing if some simple edits arent in my final patch, such as leveled lists edits missing or overriden by vanilla records from some mod that hasnt been cleaned of ITMs, or even if another also touches the said list and bashed patch hasnt merged them properly. So you have to recheck everything in the end. Sounds daunting yes, but once you get the hang of it, youll feel completely in control of your game. There are no shortcuts apart from the great programs modders have provided us with, Wrye and tesvedit. MO and NMM reduce your control significantly.

For anyone reading this in future, im also somewhat certain that the above example leads to corrupted spawn points. On a fresh game with maybe 70 mods that only need patching for leveled lists etc etc, i find if i dont bother to correct all the changes in my final patch before playing, i get ctds in very random spots, but can load the game in the same spot 5 times in a row and at least one time i wouldnt get the crash (suggesting maybe a broken entry on the spawn point because it spawns at random.) I have tested this a fair bit and cannot reproduce crashes in said area AFTER merging all the right changes to the final patch, nor was able to find broken references or plain badly coded entries among the few mods that had any that i was using during this test. Just for the folks that will come across this on google, because more knowledge is good ;)