Trying to make a follower with standalone hair.

Benbone

Hi. First of, im not native to english, so im a bit slow and may not understand everything. But i have a dictionary so im good to go :P

Ive been trying to create a follower. And i can make a basic one with the CK, but when i follow the nexus tutorial on how to put hair or eyes from another mod on the follower it turns to s**t. Nothing happens or the follower vanishes from skyrim. Im also having problems with making the face and bodytint to match... Im often making it white, but the complete follower turns grey in the face and dark grey on the body.

Ive used this tutorial to make a follower : http://hubpages.com/hub/Hot-to-Turn-Your-Skyrim-Character-into-a-Follower

And this tutorial for the hair : http://wiki.nexusmods.com/index.php/Adding_a_Follower_NPC_to_Skyrim#Using_a_custom_hair_for_your_NPC

Is there anyone with a little time to explain to me what im screwing up? I really want to create a follower myself for first of; I want a male follower, and second i want him to be a high elf. So far I have found two decent high elf followers ive been using for a year now, and it gets a bit boring to know everything they do or say in the end :P Im not trying to make anyone else make this for me, i want to do it myself, but im not competent enough. And vanilla hair/eyes/skintone are pretty ugly, managed to make a vanilla follower, but got bored of the poor fella in a couple of hours..

Thank you for reading so far and hope you have a nice day/evening :)

No it won't. If you skip making a standalone body, the follower's body type will be whatever the downloader uses by default.

Each mesh--hair, armor, hands, feet, etc are all seperate. Ignore one and nothing will change.

Edited by sumojellybean