No graphics card?

meisterdb21

Hey guys, so ive been having some MAJOR problems with skyrim not wanting to detect my nvidia geforce gtx 860m graphics card. I have tried disabling then enabling both my integrated card and my nvidia card but the game only reads my integrated card. Any ideas on what i can do to fix this?

I know there is an article i read about recognition problems on laptops with dual gfx, i think you have to disable the cpu gfx and run the game. Has something to do with disabling MS/cpu driver for the integrated gfx so you can get it to recognize the 860m. Google something about this.

I love how they just assume youll want to be using the intel gfx over the dedicated gpu, this is why i bought a cpu without that crap. It went black because it isnt defaulting to the nvidia driver. There is a way to do it, try googling disable integrated graphics and use dedicated gpu on a laptop. Ill have a look myself too. Been a while since i had to play with a laptop ;)

Well, this here article just about sums it up:http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19586281

What a b&@*$ of a thing. You might try entering the gpu model in manually to the ini, although its also a pain because it wont generate your rendererinfo.txt correctly and uou also dont know the specific model code to type in to the ini

The main thing i dont understand is that when i first installed skyrim and everything was fine and could run it on ultra with out any problems. I dont use an enb or anything major like that and just one day it decided to not detect my card. Now im using an HP pavilion 23cw IPS LED backlit running with an hdmi and steam says i logged over 280 hours.

Maybe try setting primary gpu back to Intels in NvCP and applying, the open again and set it back to the 860. Might update your registry again.

Shame you didnt keep a backup of your inis, you could just dropped them in again. In future, backup both inis AND the renderinfo.txt. For now, well you have more patience than me, i would have rma the thing and told em right where to stick their hybrid business

Defintely seems to be a lot of fiddling for a product that should work. Well without the thing in front of me theres not a whole great deal more i can you with sorry. I got rid of my last gaming laptop in 2012, even then it hadnt been used since early 11.