Spent DAYS trying to remove a Zap from Terra armors. Please help :(

yudhi108

Im not sure what a zap is and unfortunately i only saw low quality version of your cid on my phone, but wouldnt you just use NifSkope and delete it and reload your mesh into bodyslide? Im assuming a zap is some part of the model shaped like lightning? Or maybe i missed you completely on what you meant.

Hello SMB. You are correct in what I am trying to do (remove a piece of the armor). I have, since my OP here, found another guide to outfit studio and nifskope. It seems some of the outfit studio buttons and such have changed slightly since some of the tutorials I saw and it confused me a little. I did find a way to edit out the flap on the armor, but when I saved it, and loaded skyrim the head was like behind the neck instead of on the neck which was a game breaker for me. Tonight, after I'm done with work, I will try this again and if I fail I will make a more intelligent post requesting help. I was tired when I started this thread and it's not as intelligible as it should be. I appologize for that.

As for your answer... Thanks a lot!!! I thought nifskope was mostly just for testing your meshes before editing with Outfit studio. I will try editing it with nifskope.

Thanks a lot. Will let u know how it goes.

You can do only so much in NifSkope i find but if the flap is sort of an "attachment" to the model as a whole, you should be able to remove it i think.

I am it an expert on modelling bu i have used NifSkope to remove sections of weapons in Fallout New Vegas.

EDIT: Deleted entire post and rewrote it. Thought I'd solved my problem but I did not.

Ok so I thought I had figure it out. I made a little progress but here's what happened. I edited the castanic armor and took the cloth off the back with nifskope. I did this to both the _0 and _1 files for the armor. After doing this I loaded Skyrim and sure enough the armor was looking good just how I wanted it, without the stupid cloth flapping in the wind in the back of it. I thought it was a success but then I noticed my chars body was actually a different size when I put the armor on. I exited Skyrim and then used bodyslide to build the patch making all my armors scale with my body.

After batching all my armors in bodyslide, the game CTD's when I try to put the Castanic armor on. Body slide worked properly with the outfit before editing it with nifskope but now, although I deleted the stupid zap on the back of the armor, the game CTD's after using bodyslide to patch my armors.

I uninstalled then deleted the 2 Terra mods and then reinstalled them. Game still crashes putting on castaic cuirrass now, even on a new game. :/

I have no idea what other files were edited that could be causing the CTD now. I used nifskope and outfit studio to edit the _0 and _1 nifs and the slider only. Deleting those files and putting new files to replace them didn't fix anything. Yes I used loot, bodyslide, tes5edit, sum.jar and fnis after reinstalling the mods and yes, it still CTD's when equiping the cuirass I edited...

Editing an armor even slightly and still having it work with bodyslide is proving to be quite the task. Perma damaged my game appearantly :/

Well at first the ctd would indicate bad mesh. But if you removed them then should be no problem.

What you might do is go to your data meshes folder and do a search based on date, the newest files should be the ones you messed with. Just makexsure to compare them with the assets in terra just so you dont delete ither files from mods. This is what i do when i cant find a file i recently edited or want to remove some fresh copies and undo button hasnt come up.

Ah yeah that's smart. Will remember to search by date if I encounter similar problem. Also going to backup entire Skyrim setup before messing with nifskope and outfit studio again, just in case. I'm taking a few days off from trying to learn modding/editing but I will get back on it later this week or this weekend.