Hlaalu stronghold problem

drowst

Not sure if this is a technical or spoiler issue, but here goes. I started the hlaalu stronghold, cured the blighted queen, hired the miner from tel aruhn went back to driler and he recognises both the above, but gives me no new options. Asking about stronghold results in him saying the egg mine will bring in money with the miner blah blah blah, but nothing about advancing. Almost 9 game days have gone by since I hired the miner. The miner said he knew where the mine was and would meet me there. I don't think he actually ever shows up, well he hadn't by day 7 anyway. Driler is 100% so liking me isn't a problem. I don't know if the position in the house has anything to do with it. I burned through the last half a dozen quests during the 2+ weeks since the stronghold started, and am now grandmaster in hlaalu. Don't know if that killed the option, but I checked the odai area and with driler pretty much every day and no changes. Anyone with ideas?

Tal

To begin the third and final phase of your stronghold construction with Hlaalu you must be at House Brother rank and the second phase must be completed. The second phase starts once you've cured the blighted Queen and hired a miner (you're right, the miner never does actually show up). I don't remember how many days you have to wait but you should get a journal entry telling you that the second phase has been completed. Once you get the journal entry you should be able to talk to Driler about your stronghold.

I'd suggest saving your game and then trying to sleep a few days away, just to see if you get the "Jouranl updated" message. Not sure what else I can suggest.

Thanks for the input. I rested for until 40 days after the original construction, but no joy. The only thing I can figure is that since I finished the hlaalu quests while the construction was going on, it won't finish the thing since I run the show. Kinda wierd, but driler offers me nothing. Anyone know of a way to reset a quest flag? Maybe if I reset the final quest with dren, and then wait, it will happen?

Tal

Archived