Seeking a "How to build your own Follower" guide

enclave1488

Hi,

I wanted to know if anyone knew of a good guide that teaches one how to create one's own custom companions.

See, I wish to re-create a custom Jericho for my Fallout New Vegas game, using all the sound files I have available from my Fallout 3 game.

I can't seem to find a guide that explains how to set everything up and I would be very grateful if someone could direct me to a good and comprehensive modding guide for just that, how to

make custom companions.

Please let me know if anyone knows such a site.

Thank you :thumbsup:

NCCS seems like a pretty good solution. If it does not do what you want, can you explain what it is missing for your application? I have created a follower, and even though I didn't wind up using NCCS, I learned how to do it by analyzing the scripts that it contains.

NCCS seems like a pretty good solution. If it does not do what you want, can you explain what it is missing for your application? I have created a follower, and even though I didn't wind up using NCCS, I learned how to do it by analyzing the scripts that it contains.

Was trying to re-create all of Jericho's dialogue using his ported audio files ( this was to be a private mod, not public) but seems unless all his quests relating to his original dialogue remain intact and exactly the same way as in F3, the audio's lip sync won't work.

And even by loading the F3 Master File in the FNV G.E.C.K, his dialogue quest won't remain intact either, contains missing info, despite it being the entire F3 Master File and having all BSA sound files for voices located in the FNV data folder.

It may be possible to merge his dialog quest from FO3 to FNV using fnvedit, but then you definitely will not be able to distribute it. However, if you remake the topics in FNV directly, geck will assign new filenames to all the lines. You can then note down the new filename for each line, and rename the old sound file and the old lipsync file to the new name. It will be a little tedious, but much less tedious than actually performing new lipsyncing.