I think I know why im crashing but need help

Hexxagone

I keep crashing everywhere and when going to any loadscreen. My log says DLC2cultistambush, waiting for DLCmq01, is running. then I crash.

Before I started Dragonborn I got attacked by the cultists but the quest never started. I couldn't even get the quest to start with the console. I had to use the console to advance to the 2nd quest and that worked. 20 hours later im done with the Dragonborn man quest and a lot of side quests. I go back to Skyrim and I crash everywhere.

It looks like it keeps trying to get the cultists to attack me and start the main quest, Ive already done it so it crashes? I even tried to use the console to setstage to 200 on the 1st quest again but still nothing. Anybody know what I need to do?

That seems like a rather complicated scenario if setstage isnt working, let me think about that. You using USKPs yeah?

It wouldnt be unlike the game to do this sorta crap really.

Have you tried setting the stage back to 0? What you might do is go to a cell that nothing is in, or at least minimal, save the game and set the stage back, reload the save and go back and try to restart the quest. Kinda reverse engineering. Then if you can get past that broken part, set the stage to complete again before, obviously while still in skyrim.

Cant be any harm in trying

Well thats a problem. Im busy until tomorrow, ill have to think on it til then. Might be just thexsave is broken now because of this.

I think this is just a great example of how Skyrim can just break. I guess in future all we can do is notice the problem and start to think about going back some save games and addressing it before it goes out of control.

Like i say we love the game, but the game does not love you back ;)

• 2 weeks later...