Black screen when loading new cells, random freezes, and no auto-save

AlcoholicLuigi

Yeah, I actually really dislike adventuring in the Reach for that exact reason. For all Ulfric's talk about "the land belonging to the Nords" and such, the simple fact is that the Nords stole that land from the Dwemmer and the Forsworn in the first place. So I feel absolutely no qualms about going "Nope, sorry! You get to pay taxes to the Empire!"

And hey, it's not like the US is any better with its treatment of Indigenous People, so there's that, too.

One thing we can both agree on, however, is f*** the Thalmor.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, as I read through freaking everything, it looks like some of the problems may be caused by not having installed the mods in the right order first.

Le sigh. This means I'm going to have to start another new game. And I was genuinely having fun with this one. Frowny face.

...Or would that actually matter? I genuinely have no idea. Wouldn't load order take care of any overwrite problems?

I'm about to go back to my new game with the SoT setup. Now that i've made my dungeons and night times perilously dark, i think this is going to be a seriously paranoid playthrough. From my current tests, ive finally made Alchemy and Enchanting a full on must for my character ^^

Now to find a decent enchanting mod for the perks. TTRSO is a little boring for enchanting.

Yes very much so. This is why i make my own installer folders in Wrye Bash. If i were in front of the pc id send you a screen of how mine looks.

Edit - Im not in front if the pc because im in bed, and the pc is just aitting there on pause in Candlehearth Hall XD The air con is too fold to get up now.

Alright. So between Legacy of the Dragonborn, and the Skyrim Redone Immersive Weapons patches, something's not getting installed in the right order and is screwing everything up.

Dammit. Gotta figure out how to make all that work.

Though, all that said, I don't have these problems on my old laptop. I mean, it occasionally CTDs because Skyrim, but this is the first time I've ever had the "black screen after loading" problem. And I had all the same mods on that system.

The only difference is on this system, I have a bunch of HD textures and weather mods and such. My old laptop was an i7 3rd gen with 8 gigs of RAM, and an IntelHD 4400 integrated graphics chip (so you can understand why I don't just play Skyrim on that computer :P).

Could it possibly be the textures/weather mods?

It is very possible the gfx memory is just not enough despite enboost.

If you wanna test that theory, go edit your Skyrim INIs [terrainmanager] settings.

Try blockdistance 0 at 20000, level 1 at 40000, probably leave level 2 at 250000 or drop to 200k and set treeload to 40000. Leave split multi at 1.5 (i play at 2.5, this is an ultra quality setting that help with z fighting)

Now this will probably boost your performance a bit but at the cost of distant detail. What you are experiencing might be an infinite loading screen but it doesnt quite seem like it. Give that a go andxsee if the game stays stable for longer.

Script fail due to abundant usage of graphical improving Mods. I can tell this by how all you error logs have a different error effect, caused by one and the same reason. Also, your system specs are not capable of running this amount of Mods. Do you run ENB? Got how many FPS? Want to think making your game stable 60 FPS and get rid of some of the graphical Mods. With your system specs I would recommend 1, or only 2 maybe. If you do so, you will need to start a new game, because removing Mods will entirely any save you make in future.

The crashes won't go away unless you make sure from the start that your system can take what's fired on it, and you made sure your load order is manually corrected.

You can have only one. Either a rock solid game without crashes, or a completely crash prone eye candy jewel. This is specially true when using a lot of script intensive Mods. Read through descriptions, figure which Mods use cloak scripts. Avoid Mods with cloak scripts...;)

^^^This is true, and also its becoming more apparent to me that laptop gpus and also the AMD 7000 series cards are prone to memory crashes regardless of ENBoost fixes.

On the other hand i setup my brothers load order on a 1GB 550ti with some texture packs and SMIM, and a few script heavy mods like CWO, WnC, Frostfall and EB and its running well enough for him. So it has become apparent that not all hardware is the same, this we knew but what im saying is it is even more variable than i thought.

If we cant get it to work by eliminating all the usual suspects, then time to bail on the mods ;)

So, I got rid of the dirty files (or installed them in the proper order and then checked to see if they were still dirty and they weren't), did the tweaks suggested, and while it took longer, it still happened.

Guess I'll get rid of some of the graphical mods, then. Dammit. There I was being super happy about having 16 gigs of RAM and a high end of mid-range NVidia card. I mean, I don't really care about 60 FPS, I'm perfectly happy playing with 30 or even 20 (I know this because I've done so for quite some time). The crashes, however. Those really interrupt gameplay.