Black screen when loading new cells, random freezes, and no auto-save

AlcoholicLuigi

I had a $2700 laptop once, with a i7 and gt210m, when i got it i thought it would surely be able to handle lots more than my old 7300gt equipped lappie, albeit it was by about 50%, but compared to my desktop builds they have nothing. Eben the system i gave to my brother with the 550ti and Athlon x2 smashes the i7 lappie, as it should but by a lot more than i thought.

Its hard to go back when you've had a taste of ultra ;) I would still keep ELFX, it shouldnt hurt.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, just getting rid of the HD clothing textures seems to have solved it well enough. I mean, there's still the occasional crash, but it's stuff that I'm either not surprised about (I have two mods that do things when you're close to death, and they get confused sometimes and crash), or, well, Skyrim happens.

Hopefully that was enough. Thanks again for all your help, everyone.

• 1 month later...

So, I got rid of the dirty files (or installed them in the proper order and then checked to see if they were still dirty and they weren't), did the tweaks suggested, and while it took longer, it still happened.

Guess I'll get rid of some of the graphical mods, then. Dammit. There I was being super happy about having 16 gigs of RAM and a high end of mid-range NVidia card. I mean, I don't really care about 60 FPS, I'm perfectly happy playing with 30 or even 20 (I know this because I've done so for quite some time). The crashes, however. Those really interrupt gameplay.

Its not the cards fault. Fallout 4 would use it much more, being a 64 bit game. the next elders scroll will enjoy youir card, it will be 64 bit too. but we are stuck with a 32 bit game with limited resources that can only see 4 gigs (3.5 gigs if windows) even if your pc has 32 gigs of ram.

If you want sot say bye to your eye candy, or get lower res 1024k versions. this is a must. the user

Mofakin who posted is right on the money.