ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Str and Dex linked in race_base.gda?

Vir

A petty concern: human, elf, and dwarf all gain +4 stat points from their race while Qunari don't. I want to mod Qunari, especially Sten, to have +2 Str, +1 Wil, and +1 Con by default.

I have extracted and edited race_base.gda. The Con and Wil bonuses work fine. The 2 on the Str line (I have tested that it is the right line) never gives +2 Str, but +1 Str and +1 Dex. The Dex line gives pure Dex. The result is the same whichever Override folder I put it or whether I set it up as a packet with DAMM.

Well, I can work around that easily enough, but I wonder for what reason it doesn't work.

In some very cursory testing, this GDA worked for me, but only when it was installed prior to recruiting Sten.

Vanilla!Sten at recruitment:

tumblr_nx00jooM1Q1uc9nfgo2_1280.jpg

Improved!Sten at recruitment:

tumblr_nx00jooM1Q1uc9nfgo1_1280.jpg

And thank you for the inspiration... I'll probably make this a regular addition to my own base install.

ETA that I placed the GDA in override\toolsetexport.

Edited by theskymoves

Wait, I don't understand. This is a completely different file from race_base.gda? I've never modded this game before and since you provide a different file from what I modded, I wonder if I'm doing something basic wrong?

I have been testing by using a console command to add Sten to my party. Would that matter?

Yea, my base Sten added in that way has 15 Str. Yours has 14. I think the problem I'm having is my game allocates his stats when I spawn him in this way and if he already has 16 Str due to help from my mod, then it gives him extra Dex instead.

Edited by Vir