Gargoyles!?

adman85

http://imgur.com/RW2dom8

Recently I started a new game, and I have made some edits recently, but for whatever reason (even though I am level 1) by the time I walk outside of the riften home I start in (through the Alternative Start mod) I am mobbed by gargoyles, and it seems when I return or fast travel around, there's a decent chance gargoyles will spawn there also.

I have tried many things, including disabling the dawnguard attacks with mods and manually, even deleting/disabling the gargoyle NPC in a dawnguard patch I made, all to no avail.

I searched for other people with this problem, only finding two, but they also seemed to get no answer.

I wanted to see if anyone else had this start occuring, or had heard of (or can think of) a fix of some description.

The main mods I have installed that I would think might cause it are;

Unofficial dawnguard patch

Timing is everything

Alternative Start

I am in the process of disabling mods and testing a new game, but once i remove alternative starts that will take a while to test, so thanks in advance for any responses in the meantime.

The game is trying to kill you already. Thats some real "ghost in the machine" stuff right there.

Id upload that pic to the screenshots section.

Well I narrowed it down to my main patch mod, which incorporates a lot of changes so narrowing it down further would be a larger time sink, nonetheless, I persevered through the initial attack and a few straggling attacks as I traveled around at the start there. It seems that about 9 gargoyles are being told to spawn in but only so many can at one time, so the others follow later... So far it seems that way anyway, I haven't seen a gargoyle for a while anyway after killing that initial group.

But its really weird as my patch barely even touched dawnguard, and it seems to be a dawnguard based gargoyle attack, but its only ever gargoyles, nothing different, and I haven't managed to find a single event within dawnguard that spawns only gargolyes. Literally everything I have tried so far has had no effect.

I even went so far as to edit the gargoyle NPC (so that it had a weird name and was short and friendly etc) and all related leveled NPC lists, but those specific gargoyles still spawned.

Just weird.

Oh lol i thought you were running a near vanilla setup. I guess they have their list injected by script to the spawn point, but im not sure how that works, if its just a simple AddForm or what not. Otherwise no idea if you removed their lists feom other lists etc.