Screwed Up Save System

LordNyron

So up until earlier today, my Skyrim saved games normally. However, after running Skyrim Configurator(Which I have since deleted.) which I only wanted to use in order to solve a mesh issue(Which someone later pointed out was actually a skeleton issue. I never fixed it, so I just made a different Mod Organizer build and that did the trick.), my games save system hasn't been working correctly. It won't find any of my actual saves and instead constantly generates weird save files that I can't even load. It'll just sit there instead of loading them. And I've already tried to reinstall the game to fix the problem, but that didn't work. My last resort option is to delete everything in the Skyrim My Documents folder. But before I resort to that(Because I have absolutely no idea what that'll do to the game), I wanted to try and get peoples opinions on the issue.

have you moved the saved games out of your C:\Users\Username\Documents\my games\Skyrim\Saves so you can start a completely new game?

also when you say you've reinstalled the game did you completely wipe/delete the steamapps\common skyrim folder(I've made that mistake before) deleting local files through Steam just removes skyrim's main files not modified files or mod files etc

have you moved the saved games out of your C:\Users\Username\Documents\my games\Skyrim\Saves so you can start a completely new game?

also when you say you've reinstalled the game did you completely wipe/delete the steamapps\common skyrim folder(I've made that mistake before) deleting local files through Steam just removes skyrim's main files not modified files or mod files etc

I deleted the saves countless times. Both through the game itself and from a folder oddly titled "1". And I did go back into the Skyrim folder in its original install location(It also moved hard drives when I reinstalled it.) and delete everything that was in it.

I don't know how to get that, but I highly doubt it'd mod related. The save issues started after I used Skyrim Configurator and checked one of the save options. But even trying to reverse that didn't do help. I also did a clean install of Mod Organizer(It needed an update anyway.) so there shouldn't have been any traces of Skyrim Config's meddling. The only place that anything it changed would be remaining is the Skyrim Documents folder. The problem is, I don't know what is supposed to be there and what was put there by Skyrim Configurator.

EDIT: All the screwed up saves look like this:

42949 1Save 1 Prisoner.

Edited by LordNyron

So after deleting the entire Documents folder for Skyrim, and making sure that Skyrim config was completely erased from my computer... the problem persists. However, now I'm able to get a good look at what it places in the Documents folder. Namely, it creates the "1" folder and puts an SKSE save file in there, but puts an ESS file in the main folder, not a sub folder. But no "Saves" folder was created.