Speedtree won't go away

Naufragous77

After installing and running around with Vurt's entire collection of trees and grasses, I stumbled upon Vality's bitter coast mod, and decided to give it a try. I liked it, but the FPS hit was too much for me to fully enjoy the atmosphere that it brought. I decided to remove the apprpriate files, reinstall Vurt's bittercoast mods, and regenerate the meshes. However, what I noticec was that in the distance, between Vurt's trees were remnants of Vality's leaves ( "tx_bc_leaves" ) which are easily to spot seeing that Vurt's leaves are more mossy. Either way, I went back, downloaded Vality's mod again, compared it with my own files and found nothing remaining in my data files. Even the texture leaves had been deleted. I reran MGE to regenerate the meshes, making sure Vurt was the only thing that was in my data files, but i'm STILL getting these ghosts leaves... if I come close to them, they dissapear! I've been mulling this over an hour or two and I don't get what's happening. I even downloaded Vurt's trees again, just in case the meshes were wrong, but I keep getting this...

http://s29.postimg.org/ipy19vbqb/MW_2015_11_01_17_00_55_183_min.jpg

EDIT: As a side note, I just reran MGE without any of Vurt's files and the world still has grass and trees. So, i'm assuming this is being saved somewhere separate from me clicking the .esps during land distance. I'm not familiar with MGE, so I'm not sure what I can and can't delete.

MGEXE doesn't uncheck mods from its list automatically based on your load order. You need to click 'Use current load order' and then check the grass plugins manually, while regenerating distant land.

I did that and it still was regenerating the grass and trees, even with it using current load order. If I clicked on the esps during the regen step, the glitch still persisted. I even deleted the who "distant land" file and that still didn't solve the problem.

Whatever the MGEXE renders is present in 'Data Files/distantland' folder. Did you delete those?

If I understand currectly, trees in bittercoast should look like the one in the forefront on the right, but in distantland, a different tree appears, like on on the far right?

• 2 weeks later...

Whatever the MGEXE renders is present in 'Data Files/distantland' folder. Did you delete those?

If I understand currectly, trees in bittercoast should look like the one in the forefront on the right, but in distantland, a different tree appears, like on on the far right?

I deleted the whole, regenerated, and still ghost trees. I've since corrected the issue by reinstalling the game and copy/pasting my backup modded MW from my passport. But before I did that, I tried figuring it out and for the life of me couldn't pinpoint the issue. With or without the mods clicked during regeneration, it'll still would leave Vurt/Vality's meshes on the landscape. It was a peculiar mystery I wasn't able to solve.