Game crashes on Load Game, New Game

lizalot

Here's the situation. I played MW for the first time using MGSO and a few other mods and put over a hundred hours into a character. After I finished to main quest I decide I want to rename Caius Cosades' house (mistake #1). I download the construction set, follow some instructions from the internet (I forget the exact process, but I attached the changes to a .esp of an armour mod I wasn't really using). I reload the game to find that while it did work, the cell was completely reset and Caius himself is back. I close the game and delete the .esp, thinking this would be enough to revert the changes when I reload an old save.

Wrong. Something happened, and I can't remember if it was something I did, but when I reload the game textures/meshes are missing, clothing and armour looks different, some mod features are missing, etcetera. I try replacing textures, re-downloading mods individually, using MLOX, repairing with Wrye Mash, anything I can think of, but my "fixes" do virtually nothing. (For example, all of the actual children in CoM are missing and objects from that mod have missing mesh errors, re-downloading multiple times doesn't work so I uninstall it).

Eventually, after playing for another half hour to an hour, I get tired of the errors and changes and decide to back up my saves and reinstall the entire game + (some) mods. (I have the steam version, by the way). Everything goes according to plan until I try reloading one of my saves and get a "Morrowind has stopped working" error message. Try MLOX, removing uninstalled mods from the saves with Wrye Mash, repairing with Wrye Mash, I even try cleaning my save with enchanted editor, NOTHING. NO save games are loading and I can't even start a new game without getting the "stopped working" error.

current load order: http://imgur.com/a/NIAht

load order before I changed the cell name: http://imgur.com/a/kOPSX

Warnings.txt when I try to reload that save:

Missing Masterfile: EM_Angelina.esp

Missing Masterfile: EM_f_Long_Braid_Hair.esp

Missing Masterfile: Moonlight hair.esp

Missing Masterfile: Dreugh Armor Completion.esp

Missing Masterfile: dreugh_armor_set.esp

Unable to find base object 'tim_aranyr' for cloning.

Could not locate dialogue 'Tim_dreughArmor'.

Could not locate dialogue 'help me out'.

Unable to locate Dialogue 'help me out' in PC mob load.

Errors were encountered loading from file 'IN100000.ess'.

Item "tim_dreugh_guantlet_right" not found on "de_p_chest_02_Caius00000000".

Item "tim_dreugh_guantlet_left" not found on "de_p_chest_02_Caius00000000".

Item "tim_dreugh_boots" not found on "de_p_chest_02_Caius00000000".

Item "tim_dreugh_greaves" not found on "de_p_chest_02_Caius00000000".

Item "tim_dreugh_pauldron_right" not found on "de_p_chest_02_Caius00000000".

Item "tim_dreugh_pauldron_left" not found on "de_p_chest_02_Caius00000000".

Warnings.txt when I start a new game:

Not able to find Foot part in BC_shoes_common_1.

I was really enjoying this game and would hate to see my progress go :sad:

Anyone that can help me open my saves would be a lifesaver.

EDIT - It's fixed! I emptied my Morrowind game folder, used steam to "verify local cache", and re-downloaded my mods one at a time. More detail on this reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/ModdingMorrowind/comments/3ra5qg/game_crashes_on_load_game_new_game_ive_tried/cwmsy9m

Edited by lizalot