TES V: what do you want to see?

poopgoblin

To sum up what I want: More expansion and the return of many of Morrowind and Daggerfall's best features, but without sacrificing the gameplay style of Oblivion which I really like. Also a more varied game world, and more guilds (since they take the role of the main questlines.)

Also, I very much agree with one of 78stonewobble's comments:

Oblivion (and to some extent, every other Elder Scrolls game) places certain limitations on what's possible based on the fact that you're supposed to be the main character. It's never impossible to remove yourself from your inevitable destiny -- savior of the world. But it SHOULD be. Give us a game where we aren't thrust into the Big Good's service from day one. Give us a game where if we choose to be a member of the secret assassins group, or become a vampire, steal from the Supreme King Empire of the Universe, or kill a god, it has major, lasting repercussions. A game where we have to -- no, WANT to -- make a few different characters to lead several different lives and find all of the game's content. A game where WE CAN MAKE ENEMIES, making the allegiances we DO choose far more significant to us. That's what I want most.

Agreed. Just add more unique bosses and weapons/armor/clothing and that's the perfect game to me.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To sum up what I want: More expansion and the return of many of Morrowind and Daggerfall's best features, but without sacrificing the gameplay style of Oblivion which I really like. Also a more varied game world, and more guilds (since they take the role of the main questlines.)

Also, I very much agree with one of 78stonewobble's comments:

Oblivion (and to some extent, every other Elder Scrolls game) places certain limitations on what's possible based on the fact that you're supposed to be the main character. It's never impossible to remove yourself from your inevitable destiny -- savior of the world. But it SHOULD be. Give us a game where we aren't thrust into the Big Good's service from day one. Give us a game where if we choose to be a member of the secret assassins group, or become a vampire, steal from the Supreme King Empire of the Universe, or kill a god, it has major, lasting repercussions. A game where we have to -- no, WANT to -- make a few different characters to lead several different lives and find all of the game's content. A game where WE CAN MAKE ENEMIES, making the allegiances we DO choose far more significant to us. That's what I want most.

I have to admit that I've never played Morrowind or Daggerfall. So for what falls best in line with the game series must be up to you guys to judge.

My suggestion sounds a bit like a MMORPG or whatever they call it but perhaps something lesser could be implemented in a singleplayer game.

I was pondering this a bit yesterday and came up with a few ideas.

The absolutely free living world. You can choose to be anyone and the game generates random realistic quests on the level and type of character you pick. Eg. The inn keeper, the most action oriented thing would be to fight off bandits while you go shopping for goods and supplies. The game proceeds with an NPC hero fighting the big fights which you read about in the press and rumours. Quite an impossible game with todays hardware and software I think.

A lesser version of the above. Certain set characters/roles with their own plotlines in addition to the fully customizable main hero. 1 character would end up as a count, 1 would end up owning the best inn along the goldcoast road, as a squire to the main hero knight or grand thief or grand assasin. Some of the quests could be from the main hero line.

The gameworld should feel living with things happening with or without the players interaction. How "big" a character the player ends up decides how much he can affect the gameworld.

Regarding the nice compainion mod vilja. The reason its so great is the 2300+ (???) voiced lines by the creator and it's also this huge amount of work that keeps other companions from being as immersive. So an excellent mod tool for future games would probably be a way for the developers to have a huge choice of different voices that could be cut and pasted together easily to create voiceovers. Even though it might not aaaallways sound entirely convincing it would help. If modders then want to creater their entirely unique companion theyd obviously still have to voiceover themselves.

Random thought about voices. How about making it easy to voice your own characters replies? :D Show us the lines were sposed to speak and record it? :D

EDIT:

And a little more swordplay. Let me hold eg. alt down and the character doesn't move around but I chose with a mouse "gesture" whether I wanna slash right to left or vice versa or stab left or right...

( = "hammer" enemy from the left and ) = "hammer" enemy from the right. -> Makes enemy stagger when connecting to armor but can be deflected with the sword or shield doesnt do much damage mostly stuns enemy.

| forward motion of mouse that curves to the right or left = stab right or left. -> high damage if it penetrates but allmost impossible to do if the enemy wears say chainmails or plate armor.

View down, straight ahead or up to target either legs, torso or head. Head slashes do most damage but is harder to hit. Torso easiest but usually most protected, legs middle damage but can slow enemy and eg. let you flee the battle.

PS: These are just more or less random thoughts on things that would IMHO make a better more immersive game. Whether they are possible? Fits in with the game? Or maybe becomes a tradeoff between accessibilty/gameplay versus realism or immersion is for others to decide. :) It's kind of a brainstoming.

I personally think an MMORPG would be a bad idea. Adding a community to the game creates many things that will utterly smash all immersion -- from an economy ("Gold for Cash" spammers, powerleveling services, or even people just advertising that they're selling their enchanted Ebonys,) to revamping the guild system, to running into over a thousand characters named Naruto3578. I love MMORPGs to death, but they've become a game for a community, NOT for legitimate role-playing. We could have an RP server, but it would still be underpopulated compared to the main one. :/ Plus, I still hate the idea of paying monthly for a game I already own.

It's a big change for me. When I first started playing Oblivion I couldn't believe they didn't make it an MMO, it felt like such a perfect candidate. But as I played on I understood why that would have been a bad idea.

Anyway I will say I hope they don't design most of the game around staying at your level anymore. It was a cool idea, but as tons of people have already said, it doesn't make much sense. And they can make it challenging without that.

Oblivion's great, but it lacks in some areas, so, here's a few of the many things that i'd like to see in TES V

multiplayer (free)

I would love for there to be an mmorpg... like for xbox 360 and all of them really... i just want there to be more than 1 hero

I want to see werebears or werelions and you darn know well what provinces those are only found in. :whistling: Even lich transformations and also mounted combat after all they let you become a werewolf in bloodmoon, vampire in morrowind and horse riding in oblivion now we need lich transformations for dark sub quests and mounted combat.

If you think about it, it would justify the reasoning some people need for the mindless destruction of the npc's of the game world after finishing the main quests. One final quest, rid the land of the living in the name of the undead!!!!! :laugh: Quest counter running, you now have xx,xxx humans and mer remaining to grant the embrace of death to.

I personally think an MMORPG would be a bad idea. Adding a community to the game creates many things that will utterly smash all immersion -- from an economy ("Gold for Cash" spammers, powerleveling services, or even people just advertising that they're selling their enchanted Ebonys,) to revamping the guild system, to running into over a thousand characters named Naruto3578. I love MMORPGs to death, but they've become a game for a community, NOT for legitimate role-playing. We could have an RP server, but it would still be underpopulated compared to the main one. :/ Plus, I still hate the idea of paying monthly for a game I already own.

It's a big change for me. When I first started playing Oblivion I couldn't believe they didn't make it an MMO, it felt like such a perfect candidate. But as I played on I understood why that would have been a bad idea.

Anyway I will say I hope they don't design most of the game around staying at your level anymore. It was a cool idea, but as tons of people have already said, it doesn't make much sense. And they can make it challenging without that.

I absolutely agree with you, tes has a nice history and mmo would just kill it. I seriously hope it will be an single player rpg, that they will this time make the gameplay/character creation/animation/immersion/story telling, more interesting, that the mods wont be literally fixes for something they werent able or couldnt do, but instead they will enhance the game further.

Im sceptic tbh that it will happen, we probably get another mmo, atleast we still have oblivion :wub:

Probably already posted in this topic, but i'll post again.

I want to see more weapon types. Crossbows, Polearms, Trowing Items.

I want to see the engine have the capability of adding entirely new weapon types in mods as well.

I want to be able to fight while on my horse, better magic system, all skills should participate in leveling. Also, the main character (you) should walk faster, he\she walks very slow !! :wallbash: :wallbash: