Fallout 4 Static Vision Bug HELP!

ThePlasmaPro

Here is the fix For those with green blurred image, type this command rimod 00094636

And for the white-gray blurred image rimod 002041B6

Oh man thanks so much, it was driving me insane, i could barely play the game.

Do you know what caused it?

Alright guys, I have a theory.

I've noticed that whenever there are junk items around that have components that I have tagged for search, I get that static. So I tested it. In Diamond City, whenever I spoke to Arturo the weapons dealer, I would always get the static. I looked in the containers behind him and there was a flip lighter in the toolbox, which had a gear that I'd tagged for search. So I went to my power armor station over at Home Plate, untagged everything, and went back over to Arturo.

Poof, no static.

My theory: I had just gotten the second rank of the Scrapper perk (getting more advanced components from scrapping weapons and armor). I'm wondering if it's a mechanism to help you find things? Or maybe the purpose is to annoy you until you turn it off. I mean, that's what it did for me.

Hope this helps some of you guys :smile:

Edited by jnieslen2014

Alright guys, I have a theory.

I've noticed that whenever there are junk items around that have components that I have tagged for search, I get that static. So I tested it. In Diamond City, whenever I spoke to Arturo the weapons dealer, I would always get the static. I looked in the containers behind him and there was a flip lighter in the toolbox, which had a gear that I'd tagged for search. So I went to my power armor station over at Home Plate, untagged everything, and went back over to Arturo.

Poof, no static.

My theory: I had just gotten the second rank of the Scrapper perk (getting more advanced components from scrapping weapons and armor). I'm wondering if it's a mechanism to help you find things? Or maybe the purpose is to annoy you until you turn it off. I mean, that's what it did for me.

Hope this helps some of you guys :smile:

Yeah I just now discovered that too. If you simply untag all materials for search, it won't fix the problem completely, but will pretty much confine it to only the Workshop and V.A.T.S. modes. But it still cuts down that annoying screen static by at least 80 to 90 percent overall.

I already tried updating my Nvidea GeForce driver, but it caused FO4 to crash immediately upon launch, so I ended up rolling it back.

Edited by jaydubyuel