Issue with uninstalled Meshes still existing..

MisterB1969

So I un-installed Remodeled Armor recently and got rid of my mesh body, and even did a complete re-install of skyrim and my Nexus Mod Manager. But It's still showing the modified armor in my game. I don't know if this is really a question for Mod's or an issue with my Game.. So im asking here first before I goto the Bethesda website.

So the issue is, "Meshes" from Remodeled Armor still exist, even after I disabled and un-installed from my NMM.

Check your data\meshes\armor folder in your Skyrim install directory, if there are any files or subfolders in there, Skyrim will load them over the default ones.

I did look, my folders are clean of meshes. I even downloaded Mod Organizer hoping that maybe, that might help me solve the problem. Only other thing I can think of , is seeing what Tes5edit thinks of my mod list...

It could be that the modded mesh is also included in some other mod's .bsa file. It's one reason i HATE mods being in .bsa format. I prefer to manually install all my mods, unless they are VERY specific about what they do. I've had several save games destroyed because some a$$whole included some extra stuff in the .bsa without telling anyone, or for any good reason (and "maybe" by mistake I guess).

Open any .bsa files (apart from the Bugthesda vanilla ones) and look inside and see what's in them.

It could be that the modded mesh is also included in some other mod's .bsa file. It's one reason i HATE mods being in .bsa format. I prefer to manually install all my mods, unless they are VERY specific about what they do. I've had several save games destroyed because some a$$whole included some extra stuff in the .bsa without telling anyone, or for any good reason (and "maybe" by mistake I guess).

Open any .bsa files (apart from the Bugthesda vanilla ones) and look inside and see what's in them.

Currently I am thinking its my Mod Manager, I am finding mysterious mods still installed when I thought I cleared them. So I'm letting that run. Was always iffy about using profiles.

Edited by MisterB1969