ACTIVATORs and SITTING in chairs

Floatsup

I have several activators now, that I use for storage, was hoping you could sit there, and sort your shyte out, but thats not happening. Apparently the player gets up from the chair and the script closes. Is there a reason for this. Or maybe the message box needs to change with a result script. Kinda bummed me out when I planned on a perticular area of the room and relax, sort your stuff out, and now i gotta stand. not a show stopper just a bummer, wanted that relief feeling to it.

Anyway if anyone has experienced this, Im all ears,

Cheers.

if you need more discription, np

i am not sure i understand your question.. I'll try to answer anyway.

furniture comes with and without idle markers so you have to pick the right one for npc to be able to interact with them. i am not at the computer right now so i cannot be more detailed than that. hope it helps..

Its not the NPC, its the player.

He sits down, and looks around at all the crap that he has accumilated, and stores it.

If i have to write a script to sort it for him so be it, but when he activates anything he stands back up, and closes the script.

The activators work, chair works. Just not as I inteded. Guess I need a sorter function. well thats on that back burner.

Thanks though, if your nor sure what I mean, download the mod, check out the bed and breakfast player room. And you'll get the exact idea of what im talking about.

Just a bummer after a long haul, someone has to get up again. its a total emmersion bs crasher.

Cheers.

Edited by Floatsup

i will try your mod when i have the time it looks interesting and adds something thats missing from vanilla.

i havent had time to play or mod the last couple of weeks but i hope i can get some time to finish my hunters mod but realisticly it would need at least 2 to 3 weeks of hard work.

anyway good luck CHEERS

Yeah I didnt design the game, so Im limited what would keep the player at bay so to speak. I'll look at some functions and test em out. I want the player to relax while they do crapola.

I'll track this thread and see if I find a work around if not, like I said not a show stopper. Just a total bummer.

Cheers, and thanks for replies.

Edited by Floatsup

when your activating things the activation button also causes the player to get up.

go sit in a chair and hit activate...

ok, so how to get around it.

im working from theory here as i have not tested this but i have similar functions that i know work so in practice it shouldnt be a big deal.

id skype it all out to you but its bed time.

you should attach a script that uses getcrosshairref to check if the player is currently looking at one of the activators or references and if so fires a 'return' in the onactivate block which will prevent the chairs activation from firing and keep you seated.

attach the script to a custom chair.

this requires NVSE

but honestly if your not already scripting with NVSE your missing out big time.. and so are your fans.

there are tons of things possible that go way beyond what the game was originally intended for.. mostly possible through the amazing functions added through NVSE.

check it out.

and good luck. tomorrow evening i may be able to lend a hand after work but its le bed time for me now.

angelwraith's post got me thinking on this. If you want to fix this in a general sense it is going to be very complicated. But if you are in a cell that you made and have a custom chair (copy of a vanilla one), there are two solutions I can think of. You can put a script on it. Even this simple script requires NVSE. I thought at first that preventing activate when sitting wouldn't be a problem - you just press the 'Foward' control. Unfortunately, the 'forward' control, when sitting, wants to activate the chair - so you can't get up.

So I tested this and it works:

scn MyCustomChairScript

short iGettingup

BEGIN ONActivate

if (IsActionREF Player == 1)
	if (Player.GetSitting == 3)
		if(iGettingup == 0)
			if (IsControlPressed 0)	;forward
				set iGettingup to 1
				Activate
			endif
		endif
	else
		set iGettingup to 0
		Activate
	endif
else
	Activate
endif

END

The other solution doesn't require NVSE. You put a persistent ref on the chair and give it a variable to prevent activation. In your container script, you set this variable when it's active. You'll have to play around with it because I didn't test it.

scn MyCustomChairScript

short iContainersActive

BEGIN ONActivate

if (IsActionREF Player == 1)
	if (Player.GetSitting == 3)
		if (iContainersActive)
			return
		else
			Activate
		endif
	else
		Activate
	endif
else
	Activate
endif

END

angelwraith's post got me thinking on this. If you want to fix this in a general sense it is going to be very complicated. But if you are in a cell that you made and have a custom chair (copy of a vanilla one), there are two solutions I can think of.

That sounds like it could work. But a simpler solution is, don't require the player to be in a chair to do this sorting. Between the base game and all other mods, none of them allow this, so it may be better to avoid some unique behavior. Even if it works.