Using a steamed copy of oblivion goty to add dlc add ons to disc installed oblivion

joefox099

Can anyone tell me if I can purchase the steam copy of oblivion deluxe edition and use it to add the missing official DLC addons to my disc installed game? I have the anthology elder scrolls box set, but the disks for oblivion are missing most of the official add ons, some of which I demand to have.

You used to be able to get the add-ons from the Bethesda website (some of them were free, some of them weren't), but I don't know if that's still a "thing" these days. What add-ons are you actually missing from the anthology? (I understood it to be complete)

As far as crossing from Steam to non-Steam games, that may be a problem - iirc they're somewhat distinct builds due to Steam's DRM. I know that Steam will not let you "install over" a non-Steam game, so at the very best you'd be downloading the entire thing from Steam and then picking bits of it out for your disc install, and that still may not work. Honestly if you're going to the trouble of downloading the whole thing via Steam, I'd just go with that install moving forward.