A better kings hideout

57buick

Hi all,

I am currently trying to learn how to use the GECK and once I am confident enough using it would love to tackle the 'King's school of impersonation". The vanilla one just plain sucks as it has so much potential!

Think a 50's diner / dance hall type thing with maybe some more references to the man himself, Elvis!

This is what I would love to see done to the kings:

1 - upgrade the foyer to resemble a 50's style malt shop / diner with checkered floor tiles, booth seating, jukebox, pics of Elvis on the wall, small bandstand in the corner etc.

2 - The stage area needs major work to make it Elvis worthy. The stage should look like the set of jailhouse rock complete with NPC's dancing with the jailhouse rocker outfit on. And some more Elvis memorabillia such as gold records, movie posters and the ultimate centrepiece. A rusted / faded 1955 Cadillac Coupe De Ville or even a Corvega made to look a bit extra special.

3 - Make it so that Sergio actually gives your character a haircut. What's the point of having a barber that won't cut your hair?

4 - possible King's quest to find Elvis holotapes for the King, these would have course be scattered in homes etc around the wasteland...not in death-claw caves etc.

5 - A possible King's themed radio station playing 1950's classics by Elvis, Carl Perkins, Wanda Jackson, Buddy Holly etc. Be great if it had an announcer who sounded like the wolfman from American Graffiti.

So I guess I love my rockabilly / 50's music and would just love to see the King's given a loving makeover.

Have I got a playlist for you.

The trouble is, none of these can be shared in a mod release due to copyright infringement.

But your ideas sound great. Most of these are pretty doable.

One way to solve the copyright infringement file sharing problem is to allow people to add their own music to the music hall playlist.

Have I got a playlist for you.

The trouble is, none of these can be shared in a mod release due to copyright infringement.

But your ideas sound great. Most of these are pretty doable.

One way to solve the copyright infringement file sharing problem is to allow people to add their own music to the music hall playlist.

Some great tunes in that playlist!

What you suggested with allowing users to add their own tunes would be great. I know there is a heap of 50's do whop that is public domain. But actually using Elvis recordings, yeah that could cause some problems unless you own the disc yourself and put it on as you suggested. Then the mod maker cannot be held responsible for copyright infringement, as it's upto the individual what they use it for.

I just have to hope that some of the ace modders on here decide to make my ideas a reality.

Also more 50's based clothing as the pre-war clothes bite big time..stuff like bowling shirts and polka dot dresses for the ladies.