How do I power my water pump?

vram1974

I put my water station in the river and ran a wire to the generator but it never connects the power. Does anybody know what I'm doing wrong? Do I have to connect something between the water pump and the generator?

When I try to move the wire to the water pump the wire is colored "red". I assume this is bad. But I don't know how to fix it?

There's 3 different water pumps I do believe. 1 being a basic +3 water pump in the ground, the other 2 needing to be placed on water then attached to a generator.

What I did was place the +40 water system as close to land as possible then just string a generator to it, and viola. Water

the reason your cord is turning red is because you lack the Copper to create a wire that long, or the distance between the two is to great.

Pick up things like telephones and alarm clocks to break down for copper.

Edited by EmperorsGaming

There's 3 different water pumps I do believe. 1 being a basic +3 water pump in the ground, the other 2 needing to be placed on water then attached to a generator.

What I did was place the +40 water system as close to land as possible then just string a generator to it, and viola. Water

the reason your cord is turning red is because you lack the Copper to create a wire that long, or the distance between the two is to great.

Pick up things like telephones and alarm clocks to break down for copper.

Thanks for the reply, I'll look for phones and clocks!

Copper, screws, adhesives and oil have proven the most precious items for me. Cork wasnt far behind. The rest i have an abundance of.