Custom Scripts

DredDarkwater77

I like many others get shaky when we need a custom script to make the things in our mods function right. What if there was a file that contained all those scripts that othrs in the comunity had already written? I am sure that the script for simply turning on a lightbulb has likely been written several thousand times but when you have no idea how it can really slow you down. What I prupose is a list of the most commonly used scripts and their effects. It could also be a place for people to go and request help with a difficult string of text.

They already exist, they're called tutorials and you'll find them on the wiki pages.

Pretty much the general forms of most simple script types appear on the various wiki pages, anything more specific and will it need custom work which means you'd have to learn how to script anyway to understand how to modify it.

Alternatively, just write it up as best you can and post it, asking for help here. There are plenty of people who would be willing to point out any mistakes and help you improve.