How to start the Minuteman endgame

charwo

I know that to get the Minuteman ending, you have to start by getting a quest from Sturges to hack the Institutes computers. But I've never gotten that quest, not from Preston or Sturges or anyone. I had the Brotherhood build the Relay, but that doesn't lock me out, does it?

I think it does, sadly. Sturges will ask you to hack the institutes computers the first time you use the teleporter, like right before you enter it. I am not entirely sure though, as I haven't tried the BOS route.

When I did the Mass Fusion mission for the Brotherhood (it makes you a permanent enemy of the Institute so you'll know) it opened up the Minutemen line and allowed me to take the holotape I gave Proctor Ingram to Sturges. I beat the game before I gave him the tape however, so I don't know what would have happened next.

In order to get to that point, you also have to help the Brotherhood destroy the Railroad (since that quest occurs before the Brotherhood side of Mass Fusion).

If you'd rather not do that, you can manually trigger the Minuteman endgame questline at any time by killing somebody at the Institute (thereby making them hostile and opening up the necessary conversation with Preston). Once the Institute is hostile, you should be presented with the same option to retrieve a copy of the data for Sturges regardless of who has it at that point- it should be as simple as passing a persuasion check on whoever you first gave the holotape to.

Edited by Wrath_Of_Deadguy01

That's not true. All you need to do is get Mass Fusion on the Institute side and speak to Proctor Ingram. It will immediately start Spoils of War. You will say this before anything else which is why I can't further the Liberty Reprimed quest.