Moddable Armors List?

LordGrievous

I'm working on a mod to expand ballistic weave to be applicable to some other stuff. I've already managed to make a plugin that applies the appropriate flag to the armors, but the armors I'm working on still don't appear in the at the armor workbench. I thought there might be a FormID list of moddable armors, and I did find one...for weapons. Can't find anything for armor, though. Does anyone have any experience messing around with moddable armors yet?

This is definitely one of the 'simpler' mods I'd be interested in - I really like the look of the BOS Uniform and want the Ballistic Weave to be available for it.

Does applying that flag allow you to attach the ballistic weave armor mod to the item using the attachmod command?

Does anyone have any experience messing around with moddable armors yet?

I'm so glad you asked.

I spent a couple of nights mucking with this and got it to work, mostly. There's a couple of things I found you have to do (I'm using FalloutSnip, for reference; I have no idea what the more successful folks like Abbalovesyou are using):

• Add the keyword ma_Railroad_ClothingArmor (ref: 0020DE40) and update the KSIZ record accordingly, which I'm assuming is what you've already done.
  • Add a new OBTS record with the following hex:
    01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 FF FF 00 01 43 DE 20 00 00 00 3F DE 20 00 00 00 01 

You'll find records with hex similar to this (sometimes identical) on all the other moddable clothes. You can look up refs 0020DE43 and 0020DE3F to get a vague idea of what's going on here; they're keywords.

• There should be an existing OBTE record. This seems to correspond to the number of OBTS records present on the item, so you'll want to increment the value there after performing the previous step.

• Append the following hex to the end of the APPR record (or add it if none exists, but everything I looked at had one):

3E DE 20 00

Again, if you look up this ref (0020DE3E), it's a keyword.

• I'm not sure if this step is actually necessary, but there's a leveled-list called LL_Railroad_ClothingArmor (ref: 0020DE46) that seems to contain all the other moddable outfits, so I added my new addition to it as well. This isn't necessary at all. My guess is that this is the list Tinker Tom's inventory pulls from.

This was enough to get it working for me, except for two caveats:

• The item's name doesn't get the "Armored" prefix attached to it, which is frustrating.
  • FalloutSnip seems to s*** the bed when copying armor references, so as soon as I add more than one to my ESP, it causes the game to crash on startup. Figured it out; it was an issue with string localization.
Edited by Brianide

Fiddled with it some more. It looks like OBTS records all have something to do with mod slots, though I can't figure out the exact relationship. For outfits that don't have any OBTS/OBTE records to begin with, you have to add a "no mods" OBTS alongside the one mentioned in step two above; otherwise, the item always comes with the mod installed. The "no mods" OBTS looks something like this (there's some variation to it from one item to another):

00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 FF FF 00 00 00 00

I'm doing a terrible job explaining all of this, so if anyone wants to just take a look, here's a proof-of-concept ESP that adds the Ballistic Weave option to Field-Scribe's Armor (000E370E), Bomber Jacket (000E1AF6), and Drifter Outfit (000B2D8D). The names still don't change, but everything else seems to be working. I would not recommend actually playing on your main save with this ESP loaded yet, for obvious reasons.

Edited by Brianide

The Railroad moddable clothes (which take up no armor slots) are:

• Army Fatigues 00023431
  • Baseball Uniform 00144F03
  • Dirty Army Fatigues 0019CBB3
  • Green Shirt and Combat Boots 001942D6
  • Military Fatigues 0016892C
  • Minuteman Outfit 000E517B
  • Tattered Rags 0011609B

There are a lot of outfits that can have a Weave added, and I don't feel like listing them out. But I can send you the page from the guide if you need the names of them.

Fiddled with it some more. It looks like OBTS records all have something to do with mod slots, though I can't figure out the exact relationship. For outfits that don't have any OBTS/OBTE records to begin with, you have to add a "no mods" OBTS alongside the one mentioned in step two above; otherwise, the item always comes with the mod installed. The "no mods" OBTS looks something like this (there's some variation to it from one item to another):

00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 FF FF 00 00 00 00

I'm doing a terrible job explaining all of this, so if anyone wants to just take a look, here's a proof-of-concept ESP that adds the Ballistic Weave option to Field-Scribe's Armor (000E370E), Bomber Jacket (000E1AF6), and Drifter Outfit (000B2D8D). The names still don't change, but everything else seems to be working. I would not recommend actually playing on your main save with this ESP loaded yet, for obvious reasons.

That's actually a lot more help than I expected, and its all fairly clear to someone like me who only has minor experience messing with tessnip. I'm going to try messing with the silver shroud outfits to see if i can get it on those.

So, I know this is somewhat off-topic, and I apologize for it, but I haven't found anyone else talking about modding item stats. All I'm looking for is how to go about editing the speed of melee weapons. (Making swords faster, basically.) I'd assume this would be a simple xml edit, but don't know. And don't know where xml files are stored regardless. Can one of you guys please help me?