"Parent" IDs for a class of Mobs (like Raiders).

Thom293

Im familiar with doing my own simple mods in F3 and FNV. However those had established tools. Im a pretty good copycat that can take an existing mod and tweak it to my own liking and even expand on it a bit by combining with others. But I dont fully understand the whole process. I have found a rough version of how to mod with old TESEDIT in Fallout 4, but I still have some questions that I dont know how to even start once I get TESEDIT working:

I know how you can go to console and type "help raider 0" and it will give me all of the actor ids for raiders. (e.g. Raider, Raider Waster, Raider Vet, etc). I know how to find that particular actor in TESEDIT and change its stats. But - is that a way to make a global change to all raider entries? I think I can do it with a text/bat file. Is there a way to do it in TESEDIT? Like is there a "Parent" Raider ID that I can issue the change to that will change the stat for all Raider subvariants? For my specific mod, I want to make changes to all settlers, for example.

I saw someone that made all NPCs killable with a text/bat and he only listed about 20 IDs, so I am assuming those are some kind of parent ID. e.g.:

setessential 00027683 0
setessential 00027686 0

Im working on a simple survival hardcore mod that will do the following:

1. Reduce Carry Weight
  2. give ammo weight
  3. increase player and mob damage (this is for survival)
  4. Assign all Settlers a different "non-essential" tag (I think they are set as semi-essential - they fall down like a companion and get up after about 20 seconds. I had 2 settlers kill a group of 6 super mutants this way because they just kept getting up. Now while they are on the ground - YOU can kill them, but enemies cannot). I might have to increase their base health to compensate, but I wont know until I see the numbers.

There are some mods that do all of these things (except the last) individually - I was just going to combine them and tweak them. I think I can combine them and tweak #1-3 myself, but #4 is beyond me unless I do the files individually, which I would rather not do.

Thanks in advance.