24 hour in game day

jeanniewood

Hello. :smile:

Was wondering if it was possible for somebody to make a mod that had real-world time? For example, if I'm playing at night- night time in game. 4 am in the real world would be 4 am in the game world. Noon real world would be noon in game.

I don't think so... First, it would require the game to the able to read and interpret of computer time as it's time... May be possible, someday, but not today!

Second, the game works with a 1:20 ratio, if I remember right... Meaning that for every minute, 20 minutes passes in the game... For every second, 20 seconds, and so on... So it wouldn't "run" at the same speed!

Third, you can downgrade the ratio with a console command... HOWEVER, getting it below 1:6 can screw up the game!

And that's all I can comment about this!

So I guess we need a timescale mod and an artillery fix to go with it? I always try to set my timescale as close to real as possible in Skykrim, and I would think that would be good in Fallout as well. I understand that dropping it below 3-4 can cause glitches, though.

I tried changing the global variable from 20 to 1 in .esp form, but it still shows it as 20 in-game. I was hoping that aside from it breaking artillery, it would be a simple mod to do but I'm not really sure why it's ignoring my edit. If I have time later I will try to look more into it, but I'm already working on multiple projects.