Clothing textures and other "invisible" modding related files?

10ZeusEx

I would only like to ask where could I find textures for armors, clothes, outfits, etc. While browsing my directory I didn't find these kind of files.

P.S. I also made a Minutemen inspired Pip-Boy. Since I couldn't find one for myself.

Thanks in advance too. :smile: :smile: :smile:

Use B.A.E to extract the .ba2 files

Exctract what you need, edit, place in data folder of FO4

Thank you but, I am new to modding. All I did was basic photoshop. I would appreciate if someone maybe... tell me how to use this program? All I can do are retextures.

Edited by 10ZeusEx

Thank you but, I am new to modding. All I did was basic photoshop. I would appreciate if someone maybe... tell me how to use this program? All I can do are retextures.

It's the same as using 7zip or winzip for unpacking .zip files, but in this case you will be using B.A.E for "Fallout 4 - Textures1-9.ba2" files located in steam/steamapps/common/Fallout4/Data folder. Just remember to extract those to some other location on your drive (storage drive or new folder for example).

It's the same as using 7zip or winzip for unpacking .zip files, but in this case you will be using B.A.E for "Fallout 4 - Textures1-9.ba2" files located in steam/steamapps/common/Fallout4/Data folder. Just remember to extract those to some other location on your drive (storage drive or new folder for example).

Thank you again. One more if you don't mind... I've already edited these textures for myself and saved them as a .dds file. Since these textures are from a .ba2 file format, how do I use it now in-game? Or how do I put it back in the .ba2 archive? Do I have to?

(I'm really sorry, first ime I've ever done like this)

When you extracted the texture file it should've extracted it in the same folder structure as it was when it was in the .ba2 archive (it should have the same folder names) just paste that folder into your data folder then do this .ini config

My Games > Fallout 4 > fallout.ini
Change
sResourceDataDirsFinal=STRINGS\,
To
sResourceDataDirsFinal=STRINGS\, TEXTURES\
Set as read-only.

Then Fallout will automatically overwrite any in-game content with your modded content, to send the mod to other people you just put the folder into a .zip and then they extract it into their data folder and do the same config or NMM will do this automatically.

Edited by CubanHill

When you extracted the texture file it should've extracted it in the same folder structure as it was when it was in the .ba2 archive (it should have the same folder names) just paste that folder into your data folder then do this .ini config

My Games > Fallout 4 > fallout.ini

Change

sResourceDataDirsFinal=STRINGS\,

To

sResourceDataDirsFinal=STRINGS\, TEXTURES\

Set as read-only.

Then Fallout will automatically overwrite any in-game content with your modded content, to send the mod to other people you just put the folder into a .zip and then they extract it into their data folder and do the same config or NMM will do this automatically.

I've done the extracting and all at first. Now, I extracted them to seperate folders namely "Textures 1-9". I haven't really changed anything yet should I transfer and these files to my data folder and allow it to replace anything?