Help with vault suit texturing

felmane

I need some help, I can edit the specular maps to create the chrome effect, but I want to get the gold style of the number/accents on the vault suit in areas other than vanilla. Problem is, whenever I try to make it that color on the diffuse map its incredibly faded compared to the old stuff. So I'm thinking it is another file to edit that, but I can't find it after hours of looking for it and editting different files with VaultSuit in the name then rebooting the game to pray for positive changes. (also if there's a quicker way to reload textures without restarting the game that'd be really great)

http://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/mods/1151/images/3125-2-1448624183.png

Just create a new one in the channel section of Photoshop when you're in the diffuse texture and make sure it covers the whole thing (paint bucket the canvas) RGB: 128, 128, 128 test and if it does change you can try darker or lighter since I don't know how Fallout reads the Alpha channel.

Just create a new one in the channel section of Photoshop when you're in the diffuse texture and make sure it covers the whole thing (paint bucket the canvas) RGB: 128, 128, 128 test and if it does change you can try darker or lighter since I don't know how Fallout reads the Alpha channel.

I'm not sure what settings to put for the NVIDIA dds format (I'm using the nvidia plugin for photoshop because by default it wasn't opening .dds files) and it looses all the alpha information. I create the alpha channel, save it, then reopen and it is no longer there.